1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FIrefox color correction - Image looks different in Firefox than in Photoshop or IE8

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by gastongr, Apr 26, 2010.

Hello, i am making a website and when i cropped the images and inserted them into my XHTML i noticed that the, css defined, background color doesn't match with the color of a piece of an image as it should. (color code for css was obtained with the photshop color picker)

I read something about firefox doing color correction to images and not to css colors but i have no idea how to avoid this.

Everything looks good in IE8 and photoshop but not in FF 3.5.9

You can see what i mean here http://offter.com/temp/

I have no idea about color profiles and so, this is the first time something like this happens to me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards :)

gastongr, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  2. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem...but I actually seemed to notice that the image is different in IE, but looks good in Firefox..
    So IE is the problem...a friend had it also and I solved it doing this:
    File - Save for web and devices - choose PNG-24..and there is a small arrow near the Preset...click it and uncheck all the options there

digital29, Apr 26, 2010 IP
    gastongr likes this.
  3. gastongr

gastongr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great!
    I could even save it as jpg unchecking all the options in the preset menu.

Thank you very much! =)

gastongr, Apr 26, 2010 IP