1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finnaly got deepcrawled, now sandbox?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by saintdw, Feb 23, 2005.

Are all new sites destened for sandbox or is there a way to avoid it? :confused:

saintdw, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If anyone knew then they'd be zipping martini's on their private island now.

T0PS3O, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  3. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:

Gotcha :D Ill just sit back and hope for the best

saintdw, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Trying to keep it 'natural' is most people's best guess. Aiming 100K co-op weight at it or adding 2K links every day from day one is NOT a good way to keep it natural. But this sandbox thing, no matter how much discussed, is still an Area 51 in SEO.

1 or 2 high every other day PR links could trick them into thinking you're new but worth it.

T0PS3O, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  5. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    buying an established domain will bypass the google sandbox of course ;)
    in my book, seeing results from week 1 on instead of waiting 4-8 months is worth $10.

mxlabs, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  6. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I know an established domain will bypass the sandbox....but how about a domain that expires and you snipe it right away without downtime from being expired?

Will it still loose its PR and backlinks? or will they hold since you get the domain so fast?

My past experience is that after they expire for a few days, all is lost and the old backlinks do not count any longer.

KG

keywordguru, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  7. chromate

chromate Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've seen, after a domain expires all the PR and backlinks that it had will no longer count for anything.

But you can buy domains from people before they expire ;)

chromate, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  8. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    So a transfer will not remove all of the backlinks and PR???

I know that if a domain is expired, they will be removed. My main question is, has anyone tried buying a domain with a swipe service that will register it the very second it expires to show no downtime? I am wondering exactly what it is that justifies to wipe it out or not.

Once Google gets into the domain name game, as they already have announced, it will be easier for them to know the very statistics to help control domain problems. As for now, are these flushings done by registering downtime from the name being expired, or by the expiration date??

If it is by the downtime, then you can swipe them quickly and reap the benefits that you once could from an expired domain.

Anyone know for sure?
    KG

keywordguru, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  9. chromate

chromate Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know for sure. But I can tell you that I used snapnames to get a domain and it lost all its PR. It didn't have much anyway, but when I got it, it had nothing as far as Google was concerned.

chromate, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  10. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know that Google is now a registered domain register and that gives them access to a lot of information. They'd know if and when domains expire, downtime or not.

MattUK, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  11. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, so I guess what I thought was right. It used to be so easy to scoop an expiring domain and read the traffic rewards. From my findings, it will still bring traffic for a good 3 months before all is dropped. I just can't see the sandbox penalty being an easy fight after this.

What I wonder is, is the domain wiped as if brand new? or is an additional, or minimal penalty placed. Definitely interested to know...

keywordguru, Feb 24, 2005 IP