1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding Your Niche (Passion)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by marmbo63, Jun 7, 2007.

I have been toying with Adsense since 03 and the most I have made is around $500.00 (rounded) a month before earnings declined - now average $150.xx - last month around $300.00 - The point I am trying to make here is that after all this time I have not found something that I am or could become passionate about (and believe in) to have a successful web site and using Adsense as an income stream - Something that keeps my interest and grow it - so to speak.

Did any fellow DP'ers have this problem and how did you eventually overcome and go on to succeed..

Frustrated but grateful,

-Marmbo

marmbo63, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  2. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    No, my problem has been narrowing my many interests down to something manageable. Having more than one interest, especially if there is a (even distant) relation between them, is that you can bring truly unique perspectives to your writing. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like doing?

Adpubster, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  3. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I too suggest you to select a theme that you like and then build up sites related to that. That way you will be able to send traffic to one of your site to others too and thus build up your popularity.

Aragorn, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  4. marmbo63

marmbo63 Peon

Best Answers:
    I built and sold, serviced PC's for 20 twenty years and got of the game about 10 years ago - so my knowledge of hardware and software are not current - that is the path I was considering - but again I guess the passion is gone - Up until last year motorcycles were a big part of my life but adsense is not kind to that niche at all -

Have owned and operated a couple of websites for a two towns in texas but the traffic flow on those keywords are so limited it does not make any sense to build it up anymore..

So that is still my delima - I have many interests but not real passions about any of them and do not feel that the content would that uniquely interesting or helpful...

Some subjects might pay well but would fall in the too "cerebral" section in which those people tend not to click ads..

Not trying to talk myself out of it - just trying to find something that excited me as much as when the first pc clones came out and started building them and selling - guess that was my passion at one time..

So the search continues...

marmbo63, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  5. keyz

keyz Peon

Best Answers:
    I can relate to you marmbo. There are things I'm interested in, but the things I am interested in could not really be profitable as far as Adsense goes. I don't doubt that I could be helpful, but profitable? Nah.

Searching as well...

keyz, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  6. ChasLaser

ChasLaser Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy a domain that ends in "...News.com"
    Write about what ever interest you at the moment...and add it to the site.
    Then pages about Computer Repair, Cerebral Ramblings and Puppy Love will fit on the same site.

ChasLaser, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  7. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    My problem was finding a niche that was compatible with me. It took quite a few tries, but I finally found it, and have been working on it for about a month now :p

Vadym, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  8. marmbo63

marmbo63 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess will just have to bone up on the new pc technology and go from there - nothing else seems to come to mind... any other input would be great - thanks again everyone.

-M

marmbo63, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  9. jambo182

jambo182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Think about TV programs you like, music you enjoy, hobbies, skills etc.

jambo182, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  10. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't you have a single hobby?
    Or you can ask your friends for some interesting idea and make something together.

zexy, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  11. Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how about posting for some sort of partnership with other businesses? something that is already there that you have experience.... especially in the computer field...

Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  12. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    family guy resource? modeling in 3d resource? just coming up with some ideas form looking at your avatar :D

timallard, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  13. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    My guess would be that you know a whole lot more about some of the mundane aspects of PC hardware and novice users than you realize. I have found that funny stories about customers and how you helped them can be both educational and entertaining.

For example, I hear techs saying that you should blow the dust bunnies out frequently. There must have been some interesting/obscure problems they caused which might make good stories. My point is that information doesn't have to be from the cutting edge of technology to be interesting and have value.

The funny thing is that in telling these stories you will automatically use all the right words to get good ad targeting, but they will also appeal to a less technical readership that is more likely to click the ads.

mhdoc, Jun 23, 2007 IP