1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding ways to work those I'm FOLLOWING

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by kazar54, Nov 28, 2021.

I am looking for some help interacting with those I am FOLLOWING on my twitter account. My question is about interacting with those who I am FOLLOWING more efficiently on my twitter account. I have 5000 people I am following. Some follow me back a lot of them do not. The ones I am following I am usually able to Direct Message since typically when you follow someone and they follow you the envelope icon will be there meaning you can DM them. However, for the people I follow, but they DO NOT follow me, I am not able to DM message most of them BUT some still have their account set up allowing people to DM message them. I would like to try to create some kind of application that pulls out those who DO NOT follow me back BUT allow people to DM them so I can send them a DM to try to introduce myself and get them to follow me to be a future customer. Currently it is very time consuming to look through all those I am FOLLOWING to see who I can DM and who I can not. If I am following someone and I can not DM them I would like to unfollow them. Does the Twitter API platform allow me to do something like this? Is there a video already showing how to do this I can learn from or some other way to try to interact with all those I am FOLLOWING easier?

kazar54, Nov 28, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are loads of tools to manage who you follow and they give you stats like when they last posted. There are bots to automatically DM people who follow you.

I'd look at getting some rapport with those who you follow by replying to their content. Once you've earned trust they'll follow you "organically".

I don't know about your target market and how they behave but I really don't like it when people do DM after a follow. It usually results in an unfollow but there have been cases when it's been useful - like a programmer whose message might be "I normally tweet about x, I work for y, and here's my website."

sarahk, Nov 28, 2021 IP
  3. kazar54

kazar54 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sarahk thanks for the reply, I am aware of several programs but they all seem to give basic info about their tweets, not showing which of them allow DMs. I am also aware of those bots that auto reply when people follow me, I am trying to get people in my target audience to follow me back by nudging them with a short intro. I have been able to DM some already but it is very time consuming combing through my list of 5000 I am Following. With me following 5000 accounts it is a long process to search each of their accounts to reply to their content. After I do so many in one day I have to scroll back through the list of users to pick up where I left off. My target audience is very open to DMs to share content, just trying to find which ones I can DM is a process I was hoping there might be a program to make it more efficient. Any program or developers you know of I might reach out to?

kazar54, Nov 28, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Keep looking, you can't be the only person who needs this.

But... you may have to revise your marketing plan if you aren't getting your ROI from twitter.

sarahk, Nov 28, 2021 IP