1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

finding contributing writers for my website

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sas410, Aug 14, 2006.

hi!

Lately I have been really wrecking my brains to find ways and means to add quality content to my site. Being a one-woman show (holding a full-time job) makes time very limited, so I thought of adding a couple of contributing writers to the website; they would write articles about related subjects on a regular basis, though when they please, and they will be showcased as contributing writers on the website, including an author bio etc. This way they can gain exposure and help me out too :)

I was wondering whether you guys think this would be a good idea. And if so where is the best place to find writers? Also what are the normal rates writers are paid?

sas410, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  2. ncaditya

ncaditya Guest

Best Answers:
    Gimme a chance!
    -Aditya

ncaditya, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. britopian.com

britopian.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help out. What type of articles are you looking for?

britopian.com, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  4. tingletwe

tingletwe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, count me in!
    -V-

tingletwe, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You'll find some on my site: Freelance Writer's Database

As for pay, it varies a huge amount and really depends on what quality of work you can afford. The NUJ publishes guideline rates, although these are generally minimums. That might give you some idea of what you would pay for professional work, but of course you can always pay much less if you're prepared to do a lot of editing.

Obelia, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  6. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    If you're concerned with the quality of the work created for you, then you must be prepared to pay professional rates. If you prefer quantity over anything else, then you can get some very *cheap* articles; however, you'll most likely be doing extensive editing to make the content readable. From your post however, it sounds like you are after quality.

You can find many freelance writers right here on DP, with varied rates. There are also numerous sources on the web where you can find writers interested in contributing to your website.

DeniseJ, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  7. sas410

sas410 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your feedback guys!

sas410, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  8. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    internetauthor, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  9. pattiporter

pattiporter Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally used them but I've heard that you can get good writers at http://www.elance.com

Patti

pattiporter, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  10. straygoat

straygoat Peon

Best Answers:
    I might be interested in writing for you - I'm a freelance copywriter and part-time technical author and have written all sorts of things, ranging from engineering manuals and training guides to promotional copy for web sites.

I'm well trained, experienced, and reliable - please send details of your requirements to .

You can find out more about me at straygoat.com

straygoat, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  11. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are your rates straygoat ?

marcel, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  12. straygoat

straygoat Peon

Best Answers:
    My rates vary depending on the subject matter and type of work. As a general rule, I charge about £25-30 for a web page. With the £ being so strong at the moment, I think that works out at almost $50-$60 USD.

But I'm flexible - if there's repeat work, regular work, or it is work I am particularly interested in, or if I've not got much work on at the time, there's always a chance I'll do a deal.

Email me at craigwright@straygoat.com or craigleewright@yahoo.co.uk with details of what you need and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p. I won't be available from mid-end Sept though as I'm having an operation and will be out of action for a few days...bear with me if I don't reply immediately.

straygoat, Aug 29, 2006 IP