1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding a Reputable SEO Company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ImVickieB, Sep 5, 2007.

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you might be able to help me out here. I do all my SEO for my sites and do okayl with it. My Brother-in-Law has contacted me to see if I could help the company he works for in the UK rank for certain keywords fuel card related terms. A quick search on google shows some huge names showing up so the competition could be pretty fierce.

I don't feel qualified to help them out, but I thought maybe you all would be able to help me figure out how to find a reputable SEO firm that I could refer the company to.

What do I look for and what should I avoid?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Thanks,
    Vickie

ImVickieB, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  2. Sandpetra

Sandpetra Guest

Best Answers:
    Really, you'll need to do a bit of research.

Find some companies and ask them a few questions. Ask them what industries they are "in". Above all, get a few client testimonials from satisfied clients.

Check Google SEO Guidelines.

Beware companies who guarantee anything or say you won't see anything happen for 6 months. Beware any SEO company that tries to tie you into a 3 year deal and deal direct witht he seo company - DO NOT GO THROUGH A FINANCE COMPANY FOR A DICOUNT. If a company guarantees anything appoint them on condition of a money back guarantee.

A seo company should encourage you to make the site better, not fool Google.

And remember. NOBODY knows how Google works. NOBODY. :)

PS - Get a couple of quotes. Get a feel for each company. Find out what other see companies think of them. In the end, you need to be comfortable working with the people who represent that agency.

Hope this helps.

Sandpetra, Sep 5, 2007 IP