1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Find me a website that has #1 in Google for a quality keyword with a 0 PR

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gregdavidson, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How could that prove him wrong? :confused: His challenge was "Find me a 0 PR website that is #1 in Google for a highly competitive keyword (not phrase)." Your page is PR1. I'm still waiting for the first reply that defeats his exact challenge. None yet. :)

Jim4767, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice topic... PR again... Many are obsessed with this green bar thing...I have seen many are saying PR is useless.... How come they arrive at this statement? Thats a good challenge for those who are saying that PR is useless...

It is not actually that somebody are saying that PR is useless but of less importance thats the word!

thunderbolt007, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #19 on my Google check just now — http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=tv+pc&btnG=Google+Search

And why are so many offering up keyword phrases (such as tv pc), when the original poster's challenge was "Find me a 0 PR website that is #1 in Google for a highly competitive keyword (not phrase)"? None of the suggested two- and three-word keyword phrases are relevant to the OP's challenge.

Still waiting...

Jim4767, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  4. CGlines

CGlines Peon

Best Answers:
    i wouldn't doubt if the OP is right with regards to A SINGLE KEYWORD because most of the sites geared towards one-word competitive keywords have been around for a long time and have tons of backlinks. theres just no way that a new, PR0 site could beat them out. i dont think PR has as much to do with it as the age and backlinks.

slightly off-topic i have a site that is a PR0 and ranks #6 for a phrase that has almost 21million results (all of the pages around it are at least PR4). probably nothing special to most of you guys, but im new to SEO, so it makes me proud of my efforts :).

CGlines, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site www.skilledgraphics.com is PR3 now but it was a PR0 with a ranking of 3 in google for search terms affordable graphic design, and has held the position for 6 almost months

simplyg123, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  6. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Phrases are not good enough because a lot of people are not going for those. They're going for the BIG keywords which is why it's easy to get in front of those sites without PR. I'm getting REALLY bored with this post..............Guess I'm going to head up to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee......I'LL BE BACK.....

gregdavidson, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  7. fadetoblack22

fadetoblack22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my site is on the first page with a 3 letter keyword with 178,000,000 results in google. It only has PR2.

fadetoblack22, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  8. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Doesn't have a 0 PR like I asked for.

9. UmbrellaTechnologies

UmbrellaTechnologies Active Member

Best Answers:
  10. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you define your "quality keyword" as one word, it is probably impossible to find a site ranked #1 in Google without any PR.

I think many would agree on building quality backlinks is the way of Google SEO. But then how do you define "quality backlinks"?

Often recognized as:

Links from authoritative sites - (usually have high PR)
    Links from web pages with matching theme (Relevant links)
    One way links, rather than link exchange (often paid links)

However, Google doesn't always catch paid links, which are known as bad SEO practice nowadays ;). But paid links still work in many cases, even irrelevant backlinks. In a long run though, they may devalue the link value; thus the drop of PR.

Also high PR sites get visited by Google bot more often, so Google can find your site if the site has a link to yours regardless of irrelevancy to your site theme. So, PR can determine the quality of backlinks, then indirectly, it can affect your rankings in the SERP. ;)

coolsitez, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  11. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    QUALITY KEYWORDS!!!!!!!!!! That's not even a word nevermind keyword or phrase. I think I can say that I won this challenge. Hopefully I opened some people's eyes to see that PR does mean something if you want a top position for a keyword that will generate your lots of free traffic. YUMMY!!!!

12. fadetoblack22

fadetoblack22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was just showing it can be done with a low PR.

fadetoblack22, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  13. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Its the age, PR comes with the age, but its the age thats giving it top ranking not the PR. If what your saying is true, all PR9 and 10 sites would be number 1 over the PR6 and 7 and so on. and that is not true, so your theory has major flaws

simplyg123, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  14. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    how u become #1 in google plz share with us .

rena, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  15. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    My point is that PR does come into play when you want a top position. If it doesn't, then figure out a way to get in front of a website that has a PR4 and has the top position for the word "pets" when your website has no PR. If you think PR has nothing to do with it. then you could optimize the keywords, content, titles, etc. in your website and get in front of them. YOU CAN'T. YOU MUST build quality backlinks and build up your PR to get in front of them. CASE CLOSED.

gregdavidson, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  16. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Not at all, it takes roughly 3 months for a new site to receive Pagerank which is plenty of time to rank.

Pagerank is not even accurate, nowhere close and i don't know what's closed when you don't even have a case.

sweetfunny, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    So basically what you're saying is that Google already knows what your pagerank is before they actually update your ranking and when they do update it, it won't change anything? THEN FIND ME A WEBSITE that has #1 for a quality keyword!! I don't see why you speculators are insisting that PR means nothing when I've already proven you wrong and you CAN'T prove me wrong. If you did, you would show me what I'm looking for. I love this thread because it shows how ignorant people can be.

gregdavidson, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  18. VampireXxX

VampireXxX Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh....my mistake for not read the post thoroughly :eek:

So a quality keyword....i will post here if i succeeded

VampireXxX, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  19. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    explain why pr3 sites are in front of pr7 sites then, for the same keyword.

Allow me to explain. PR doesnt determine the SERP. Age, content, and backlinks do. These just happen to be the same things that will get you a good PR, A high PR is a product of the elements that put it on top of SERP.

Its like what comes first the chicken or the egg? But in this case we do know the answer. What comes first? age, content, backlinks etc.. then comes the PR little by little. If you have what it takes to hold a top rank, then you have what it takes to move up in PR. PR is determined by the other elements. Not the other way around. Of course this is just my theory from my own expierience, no one really knows what the great Google is up to

simplyg123, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  20. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Various ways to earn money" fails the challenge on two counts:
    1) It is not a "keyword" (singular), as specified in the original poster's challenge.
    2) It is not highly competitive, as likewise expressed in the OP's challenge. In fact, your keyword phrase receives zero daily searches, per Wordtracker.
    • In sum, it's a phrase, not a singular keyword, and it's noncompetitive. It has no relationship to this thread's opening challenge.

Still waiting... :)

Jim4767, Jan 15, 2008 IP