1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Financial Website's Worth

Discussion in 'Websites' started by The Smoker King, Feb 9, 2006.

Hello. I have a relatively new website that I am not doing to much with.

http://www.thefinancialguru.com

I am thinking about selling it, and I was wondering if anyone would please submit their opinion on the site's potential worth.

It is a pretty darn good domain name for a financial site, I come up first in Google searches on Importance of Insurance, Roth vs. Traditional IRA, and a few other searches even though I have done slim to no SEO.

I do not get very much traffic because I have not done much SEO. The future pagerank at iwebtools is 1. The site has been up since late october. All articles are mine or are off ezinearticles.com.

Clicks I do get off of adsense are in the 1-2$ range.

Basically, would the site be worth at least 100?

Thanks a bunch.

Also, for anyone interested in barbeque related websites, I own an Outdoor Cooking website at http://www.thesmokerking.com It is also a great name for a barbeque website. All recipes are originals, I earn an average of 1.30 a day from adsense. And I have not tried to sell any advertising. around 200 total pages.

If you don't mind, what would the price range on that one be.

The Smoker King, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  2. Maccke

Maccke Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i think should could get more then 100 usd for it if you are lucky and can in some way proof the google statistics without breaking their tos?
    where does your visitors come from? serps?

Maccke, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  3. TNC Tech

TNC Tech Banned

Best Answers:
    how much traffic do you get a day?

TNC Tech, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  4. TNC Tech

TNC Tech Banned

Best Answers:
    I think is you had someone write some content for that site, it would do a bit better for sales..

TNC Tech, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  5. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Both of them are nice sites, clean.
    And the first site I have run into in a long time that has a donation button!

Give you $50 for either one.

iowadawg, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  6. The Smoker King

The Smoker King Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your replies. Yes, the donation button, well I threw it up the other day. WHo knows.

The traffic for thesmokerking.com is about 30-40 uniques per day min. and The Financial Guru is about 4 uniques per day. I have done no promotion at all. The Smoker King is looking like a page rank of 5 using iwebtools, and The Financial Guru is going to be 1-2.

All visitors come from the Serps.
    For the Smoker King= mostly MSN, some Google, but I think it is just coming out of the sandbox. The site has been up since late september, and I am starting to see more Google traffic. Not too much from Yahoo.

The Financial Guru gets traffic from Google, mostly on topics related to the few articles that are on the site.

THanks again.

I am not sure I want to sell The Smoker King, but I am debating on The FInancial Guru.

My main problem is I am getting my broker/dealer licenses from the NASD, and I do not think I will be able to write too much content for the site.

The Smoker King, Feb 9, 2006 IP