1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Financial crisis taking heavy toll on Adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by halonen, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Fort Cake

Fort Cake Peon

Best Answers:
    Business standards and business systems. October was the best month I have ever had. I do expect things to start slowing down a bit - Looking back over the years, revenue has dropped a bit between mid-November and early January every year, so I expect it.

Fort Cake, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  2. filipina

filipina Peon

Best Answers:
    My Adsense earnings dropped 4 straight months from June through September. It was totally related to the amount paid per click. October I came back with a 10% increase, but November looks to be heading back down again. Very depressing.

filipina, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  3. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Mine was fairly similar. CPM (and CPC) dropped by 50% over 6 months then it regained most of it in October.

live-cms_com, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. ricarde88

ricarde88 Peon

Best Answers:
    It will affect the web ad marketing. :) Yet some still can monetize even in the midst of this crisis.

ricarde88, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  5. doctoromar83

doctoromar83 Peon

Best Answers:
    This financial crisis ofcourse will affect the earning from google adsense because the puplisher affected by the crisis

doctoromar83, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. Bali_Sunset

Bali_Sunset Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i got 50-40% decrease in earning...although my traffic and clicks increase roughly 10% this month

Bali_Sunset, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  7. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen about 50% decrease in CPC value.

8. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

October and september were really good for me. So far in november ive had a significant increase in pay per click and in CTR. The best ever.

domainer_10, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  9. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would hardly call my niches recession proof, even though im seeing a dramatic increase in adsense earnings.

I know its not recession proof because my affiliate sales are down dramatically over last few months.

so im not sure why its increased in adsense. Maybe companies are getting more aggressive, driving up the bid prices.

domainer_10, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  10. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone's cutting down on the spending budgets off late now.

aspire, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  11. halonen

halonen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep still no signs of improvement

halonen, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  12. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats totally not true. Why have i seen the best earnings ever in the last couple weeks?

domainer_10, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  13. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Nobody I have talked to (some pretty big advertisers) is cutting their PPC budget yet.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  14. tonemediallc

tonemediallc Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the retail sector will still be big this holiday season. Even if overall marketing budgets are going down, online will still be the focus since it's directly measurable. Online shopping is trending up.

My guess is that keywords related to "intangible" services provided by small companies (web dev, etc) will continue down for a while. If the smaller companies are ONLY spending online for their marketing budgets, and budgets go down, the web ads aren't insulated

tonemediallc, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Mmmm I have only just started with adsense again - so I am unable to give a good review. But the fading Aussie dollar means I earn more .... as long as I deal in US dollars and keep some USD aside for purchases, prior to this I was getting 103cents AUD for each US dollar, now I get 140+ cents for each US dollar - so my earnings have jumped 30% .... it's good .... whilst the rest of the country beg for a rising Aussie dollar - I beg for a larger drop.

thsadmin, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  16. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google stocks aren't doing bad compared to others. Also HARD TIMES ARE HERE & are getting worse! :(

usmanzali, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  17. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats good to hear. Like I been saying, keyword bids are up across the board for me on all websites, so obviously people are increasing their budgets.

I think the recession is causing people to get more aggressive in advertising to make up for lost sales. My other theory is that with the holidays and winter approaching, usually the best time of year for my niches, then its increasing demand for advertisers.

18. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is odd, because I have seen the same posts year after year. Some people's earnings go up, and others go down. Some people freak out when other people are excited about their new earnings. It's cyclical, and there are MANY variables other than the economy.

I'd argue that IF spending on advertisement goes down, it will not last. When income gets tough for a business, advertising is usually the first AND easiest item to cut to save money. But it cannot last. Without advertising, there is usually no way to get customers to your business, brand, site, etc. Once income has dropped further, the only surefire way to get it back is advertisement, EVEN if the ROI is lower now than it it was in the past. Income is income. Sure, there may be some creative ways for some companies to get business, but it almost always comes down to advertising.

Just my 2 cents - I wouldn't worry too much in the long run.

tyler_durden, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  19. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said, tyler...

vvtv, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  20. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you too. I was thinking the same thing, cutting your advertising in times like this are a surefire way to lose big ground to the big guns who have all the advertising money. You have to stay in the game or you will quickly get shut out in crisis times like this.