1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finance Charges

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by ColinR, Nov 17, 2006.

I've read threads on how "Finance Charges" are calculated (from original discussion list and searched on here too), played with some settings here locally, then clicked on "Finance Charges" on the Main Menu and it calculated them but not by % as I wanted but used the "minimum amount" but that was wrong as the % would've been a higher amount. I deleted the invoice created of "Finance charges", tried to generate again but would not generate when they were/are past due.
    I suspect the database has a flag when it goes to generate using your algorythm (spelling) that its already generated for this custoemr Id even though I deleted previous incorrect Finance Charge invoice? If so how can I remove that? Can you provide me xml or PM me if needed how to do it as clearly I deleted finance charge invoices they are still due a past due charge.

Thanks.

ColinR, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  2. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Any comments on how to get this to work or to calculate by % versus defaulting to minimum amount? (even though % caluclated is higher than min amount) Help.. If you'd rather PM thats fine with me. Thanks

ColinR, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There's not a way to do it manually, you would need to get into the raw database and edit the Finance Charges Last Assessed On date for the customer (it's within the customer table).

digitalpoint, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  4. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    What about the % calculation setup? You have any screen shots of what it should look like? You can PM those if you wish..TIA

ColinR, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The % is an annual percentage, so as an example, if the customer owes you $100, and they are 2 weeks past due on it, a 10% finance charge would yield a $0.38 finance charge.

3.8% (2 weeks is 3.8% of the year) x 10% x $100 = $0.38

I'm guessing that's where the problem is.

digitalpoint, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  6. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    How do I get into this?

ColinR, Dec 8, 2006 IP