1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally Number 1

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Help Desk, Jun 29, 2004.

Finally, I am in the top results for a Google search for Amazon search alternative. What does this mean? Not much. I thought a few hundred people a day might search for "Amazon search alternative". The reality is not the same.

However this shows a good point. Signature links do count. Although most signatures are on very small ranking pages, with enough number of them, they can really help.

Help Desk, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am happy for you TB, are you going to give us your real human being name at any time, or should we always refer to you as Think Bling?

You are a good programmer, everyone should look at TB's very informative website. He has a lot of good scripts and tools there.

Keep on keeping on TB :cool:

anthonycea, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Don't you use Overture suggestions, wordtracker and or adwords suggestions as an indication? They confirm in a split second that nobody searches with that phrase... Sounds like you could have put that linking power to better use.

T0PS3O, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The only true test are your server logs, you can see the best search terms right there, RIGHT?

What is going on Top 30, you joined the FBI yet?

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    :D I happen to be wearing a shirt today which says 'FBI' right on my chest...

However, just below it also mentions: 'Female Body Inspector' ;)

No I'm not going to join the evil...

T0PS3O, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So really you are a undercover agent :D

Trying to get undercovers with some hot woman? :cool:

7. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was looking for a search niche that I could dominate in. Something that would bring in just a few hundred unique visitors a day. Overture and wordtracker do give good relative information. However, when you are looking for a keyword or phrase that applies to a site and is used only a couple hundred times a day, by millions of people, the keyword suggestions aren't usually precise enough. I have been trying to get the keyword "Bling" to point to my site also with no avail.

I also have a problem where I sometimes forgoe the practical to test the theoretical.

8. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I to understand you don't feel the Keyword Search tool on Digital Point is precise enough for keywords/keyphrases used only a couple hundred times a day?

Please understand that I also can go off on tangents and do some tasks without fully thinking them through and make no judgements about you for doing the same.

My question is purely to learn if others question (to that degree) the results of the keyword suggestion tool.(?) :confused:

North Carolina SEO, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  9. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you understand correctly. I am saying that Overture might show a keyword being searched for 10 times a day whereas on Google the same keyword could be searched for 1000 times a day.

The results from Overture are always going to be significanly less that what is practiced on Google. This definitely does not mean that they are worthless.

10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right, they are only an indication and can be way off at times indeed. But an indication of F* All would tell me there is no chance of getting 100 searches a day.

Overture UK suggests the phrase "home aquarium" was searched for last mointh 124 times. Our AdWords account shows 155 impressions for instance (phrase match) which is 25% off.

So yes to a degree, you will only know when you try but it can be an educated guess.

T0PS3O, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  11. jonnyplatt

jonnyplatt Peon

Best Answers:
    actually one thing I always find funny about people talking about accuracy of overture results is the way people point out that 'different people search for different things in different places'
    it's never really made sense to me - it was probably 6 months or so after i started affiliate marketing etc i worked out how overture, espotting etc got everywhere - how's your average user going to know that these are sponsored links and these natural? or is it just chance? and if it's just chance, why should it mkae a difference on the statistcis who searches for what where?

hmm.. think i need some coffee, my brain's not functioning this morning and i feel i may be talking out of my arse :)

on a vaguely related note, why can't I find the menu option to change my signature? am i just being a little bit special today?

jonnyplatt, Jul 1, 2004 IP