1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally... I'm making money with Commission Junction / CJ

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by OutsourcedMyLife, May 23, 2010.

1. knownowppc

knownowppc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been very consistent with CJ - getting on average $3000 every month.

knownowppc, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  2. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your share

Vrindavan, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  3. michael lee

michael lee Peon

Best Answers:
    yes,completely agree!!!

michael lee, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  4. Katierey

Katierey Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not made a nickel with CJ, but AdSense is bringing in the money. I keep testing new CJ ads to see what works. So far, nothing.

Katierey, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  5. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats .but cj program never worked for us .and left same as you did on 1st place.

swiftsaves, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  6. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have worked with CJ and never been succesfull, however I think it's just the traffic that I was getting was not really up for the offers. I won't give up though.

IG2010, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  7. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have found that no matter how much "luck" is involved that after about 3000 clicks your should have a pretty good idea of long term conversion rates. How many total clicks have you gotten?

rickmci, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  8. adityasatya

adityasatya Peon

Best Answers:
    its hard to earn from CJ than compared to clickbank

adityasatya, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  9. dillon

dillon Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if I am stepping on etiquette here, but I'd be interested in what CJ products people are making money with. Like others, I have tried it in the past and not had much success using it in ad space. Do you really need a dedicated landing site?

dillon, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  10. BOWarrior

BOWarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you be willing share a bit more about your site, the topic and the ad that was successful for you? Also, perhaps your technique for driving traffic to the site? That would give us all context for your success. Thanks for sharing.

BOWarrior, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  11. WritEffects

WritEffects Peon

Best Answers:
    good for you! you must have been working really hard on it.. it's worth the effort.. i wish I could do the same for my other sites.. hehe

WritEffects, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  12. chovy

chovy Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on finding the success factor!

I started in on CJ and clickbank about 2 months ago -- I'm getting decent traffic (100-900 uniques per day on some sites). I decided to try banners but none of them are converting into commission. I have sent about 3,500 clicks from 60,000 impressions...but still a $0 on the commission.

Most of the ads are cellphone related, I'm running small, medium, and skyscraper type banners w/ CJ -- still nothing. At what point can I rule this line of attack out completely? the CTR is about 6% which sounds decent from my experience.

I feel the space would be better used w/ adsense as that's the only program I've been able to make anything with.

Clickbank same story. I've tried mostly text links + product descriptions embedded in articles -- lots of hops, no sales. I do see that the tracking id is defined as "Not set" in the report -- I would hope that would still credit my account....but perhaps it isn't?

chovy, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  13. OutsourcedMyLife

OutsourcedMyLife Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, that's seriously how I felt too the first 5 times I ran CJ on my sites. I was sending them hundreds and hundreds of clicks, but never a single conversion. I even wondered if their tracking was broken. I had pretty much given up on them completely until I just happened to find a good connection between an affiliate and one of my sites. Honestly, I'm still not convinced that anything else they have works as well, so I'd still be reluctant to load them up on my other sites where I have AdSense.

OutsourcedMyLife, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  14. chovy

chovy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response :)
    I just added a few more products into the mix -- perhaps something will click with my users soon.

chovy, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  15. agag2

agag2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad tp here your making monry more people would make money if they would take action

agag2, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  16. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very glad to hear. Now that you're making money on CJ, are you doing PPC, marketing with articles, online video distribution, or outsourcing? I'm asking because I'm just trying to get a few pointers from successful CJ affiliates, so I can apply this knowledge to my current business model ...

EngineerofSuccess, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  17. OutsourcedMyLife

OutsourcedMyLife Peon

Best Answers:
    Great question! Really, now that I've figured out how to monetize the traffic I'm already getting I need to find ways to increase the quality traffic. My problem is that I'm having a very hard time attributing the CJ actions to specific sources of traffic (see here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1825463 )

I'd like to be able to increase my efforts driving the converting traffic from the better sources, and stop the sources that aren't driving good traffic. I just can't find a way to properly do attribution. Once I get that solved I'll definitely do more experimentation and traffic generation.

OutsourcedMyLife, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  18. uptrans

uptrans Member

Best Answers:
    You can have very good results with CJ but it really depends on your traffic sources. Most people who buy traffic from 2nd and 3rd tier PPCs just waist their money, so it's really important to find quality traffic source. It doen't really matter what you promote, cause you can sell anything once you have quality and targeted traffic.

uptrans, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  19. jasonstores

jasonstores Peon

Best Answers:
    Cj is no different than any other affiliate, u only make money if you promote any product the right way.

Great work, let the ball roll : )

jasonstores, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  20. dofollowlist

dofollowlist Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats! Care to share some helpful procedure on how to market the product?

dofollowlist, Aug 17, 2010 IP