1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally got rid of google chrome :D

Discussion in 'General Business' started by emmakjhgghjk, Jun 19, 2020.

I just uninstalled this spyware. Had my windows 10 updated a couple of days back, and the new EDGE looks sick! The look n feel is totally like Chrome (no shit.. Chromium inside), and it even imported all the sessions for me. With a few minor tweaks, I could get rid of the Microsoft News that loads in the home page, and also change the default search engine to Google. The fun part is that Google hates it. :D Everytime I go to google, it tells me to download chrome... Not anymore!! I could easily use EDGE for my day job as well (tested this today. The inspect element panel is exactly what it should be).

The only thing I hate about this browser that it doesn't let me change the search engine for their default home page search box. If there's a trick to do that, please share!!

So, did you get the update yet? Are you ready to uninstall chrome, the spyware?

emmakjhgghjk, Jun 19, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are Chromium-based browsers that don't send tracking information to Google. SRWare Iron, for example.
    Easy. Settings - Advanced - Change search provider.

wmtips, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm an old timer and I don't think I'll ever use edge, way too triggered from the old IE days where the browser was a pig to use and to code for it you needed a gazillion hacks.

sarahk, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And what exactly is everyone freaking about? What information you don't want Google to know about you? I've been using Chrome since it first got out and the fact they know my browsing history has never bothered me one bit.

qwikad.com, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I installed it last week and absolutely love it. I wonder if it has an unbanning option? I see that you could use it, if it does.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I have the privilege of living in a politically safe country so I don't care. Maybe things are different in Morocco?

sarahk, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft should give this browser as a standalone download. Should not tie it to the OS...
    People on win7,win8, android, ios, anybody should be able to download and install this.

JEET, Jun 21, 2020 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    They can, have and do. As you know support for Windows 7 came to an end in January. Twitter, Youtube etc. no longer support antiquated browsers. So many Windows 7 users have now downloaded Microsoft Edge along with Microsoft Essentials, which gives Window 7 users all the security and protection that Windows 10 provides.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  9. Stephtrap

Stephtrap Peon

Best Answers:
    Spyware is not a better word to be used for this piece of technology installed into your computer. Yes they know your browsing history, I view my browsing history to be private. And privacy is something everyone needs in life. Here in the USA we passed a statuette saying the government has access to all of our browsing history which is an absolute invasion of privacy. I recommend a VPN because nobody should be knowing everything you look up on the internet. And we as humans should have the right to share information that we are willing to share and keep the information we wouldn't like to share to ourselves. That is a general phrase or saying, but things you talk about in public should be for everyone and everyone to see. Is our browsing information something everyone needs to see?

Stephtrap, Jun 21, 2020 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's not really "everyone" is it, just relevant agencies who might be concerned about legal issues.

In NZ your history can be used to see if you've breached a company's intellectual property rights. In the case of Grace Milane the killer's browsing history, and the timing of it, was a big part of proving her murder.

sarahk, Jun 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk
    That browsing history of killer must have been pulled out of a laptop that police took in custody.
    They probably did not asked google to send them browsing history of a certain IP...

Terror tactics are of multiple types.
    It could be a bomb threat by a terrorist,
    or it could be a government saying, we are watching you...
    Both wrong.

Police patrolling on roads is ok, makes us feel safe.
    police having the right to knock down our doors any time they like, not ok. Makes us feel threatened.

And I don't think google is collecting our info via their browser for our security...
    They are doing it to maintain their search dominance, and for their ads marketing.

@Spoiltdiva
    Thanks, I did not knew this.
    I was under the impression that I need to have win10 installed for this browser to work.
    Thanks I will try and update mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2020
    JEET, Jun 22, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably, however, they have the right to subpoena the info from my ISP.

sarahk, Jun 22, 2020 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I clear my browsing history every night before I retire, always have, always will. Easy to do, only takes seconds.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 22, 2020 IP
  14. Stephtrap

Stephtrap Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great step forward in your privacy. But this does not stop ISP's from viewing data of your most recent google search. The problem is with us not being able to destroy all evidence ourselves you may think you are safe by deleting your browsing history. But that doesn't stop the information that has already been logged by the ISP the moment you make the request from the search. That's just my view on privacy and how we should be protecting it instead of making laws to intrude. Could it be for probable cause? With this law it doesn't matter you don't need a search warrant to view browsing history if your a government official. A search warrant would justify it, yes I believe its okay to view browsing history to solve a murder. But this is not what the law says. I really wish we the people were more informed about laws being passed and how they effect our daily lives. I'm doing my part by using a VPN and not using data collecting sites, I like to be the change in the world that I want to see. Yes this is in the US only but if it can happen to our country it can happen or has already happened to your country.

Stephtrap, Jun 22, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    or just don't do anything you'd be ashamed to have to publicly known?
    It helps to have "this is US-centric" a bit earlier

sarahk, Jun 22, 2020 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I remember a high ranking exec from Google telling me over a coffee when I used to live in North Hollywood, that after a fiscal year (12 months) Google deletes all searches. He went on to tell me that after said year, even Google cannot retrieve the data. I believe that your search history is only vulnerable during this time frame.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 22, 2020 IP
  17. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk
    Its not about being "ashamed" of what I am doing, so trying to hide it.
    Its just that, why should anyone poke their nose in my life, without me allowing it?

You have nil idea about what is going on in my country right now, and that is why you are thinking in terms of shame, hide etc.
    Our government has sold everything, the most corrupt govt we have ever seen or imagined, and people who are raising voice against this, they are being thrown behind bars.
    One x-police commissioner is rotting in jail for the last 3 years, bail denied, because he is the only evidence of a crime chief minister did. They tried to kill his family, in a road accident.
    Minorities are being targeted left and right. Not one single day goes by when we do not get news of some minority person "mob lynched" by party workers of ruling party.
    Our media licks the boots of the government, something which we had never imagined.
    Reporters who raised question against the govt, they got fired by their media house. A female reporter shot dead in the middle of the road.

You think these reporters were "ashamed" of what they were doing?

Remember I mentioned in a post few months back, "Right wing" politics is a sure shot way to end a nation, from inside out?
    This is why I said it.

JEET, Jun 22, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Stephtrap is lucky enough to be in America and I accept that things are different in countries that are less stable politically.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  19. service.komputer

service.komputer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I currently use Brave, but I am open to change. Let's see if Edge has something to offer and the benefits of using it.

service.komputer, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  20. Stephtrap

Stephtrap Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great point and a great way to live by. Myself I love to be 100% transparent with everything. We're allowing government to look at our searches in a way that can be in direct violation of the 4th amendment. Government now has access to any HIPPA related searches I've made on any platform. Our Government was never suppose to be allowed to view any HIPPA now they can by looking at your search history. For me its as easy as using a VPN and being aware of the law. But most individuals don't even know the law passed. If people don't know the law passed they definitely don't know that their HIPPA rights are being violated. I would like to spread more awareness around the topic. Sure maybe I'll go 100% transparent and only call my doctor every time I need to answer to a medical question. Or let an government representative come in my house to make sure I'm not hiding anything I'm ashamed of. Which I know that example seem outrageous but, that is what will happen if we allow these things to happen to us. I don't know why this isn't more of a big deal were violating amendments that this country was built on. Heres a quote from the 4th amendment "It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance.

Stephtrap, Jun 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.