1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally got 10000 uniques today

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by aakashshah123, Nov 2, 2006.

1. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    awesome man.... keep rocking

aditya_sfs, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  2. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That traffic on alexa is amazing, not even I am reaching them levels and I have been online for 4 years. The downside to it is the amount of pageviews your getting on average per visitor.

I guess you are likely to get this though as the digg users and other social network users normally read the article and then go back to digg and the other social networks.

The way to make money from digg traffic and any social network traffic is to not bother submitting your articles to it until you have made up a few plans. Prepare first and then submit.

If plan A goes wrong, then quickly turn to plan B, etc.

john269, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  3. GR-2X

GR-2X Peon

Best Answers:
    digg traffic can convert, not for CPC, but if you have CPM you would be doing great.

GR-2X, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you use CPM, you still have to get clickthru's or you will be kicked out of their CPM program.

john269, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  5. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    with that much of traffic .. i believe the reqd quota for clickthru can be achieved so as not to get kicked out .

mixke, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  6. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    how long digg handle those visitors?

jaguar-archie2006, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  7. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    congrats dude, thats really good traffic

jaguar-archie2006, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  8. smrtime

smrtime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, glad to hear someone is getting excellent traffic off of 1 article.

smrtime, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  9. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey congrats it seems a nice traffic.

D'Godown, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  10. kingster

kingster Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, change the format and placements of ads,

also improve the overall content of the site.

nothing beats good content. :)

kingster, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  11. kapuk

kapuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe I should to make the ads bending with your articles. It may boost your click rate a bit

kapuk, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. Kassi

Kassi Peon

Best Answers:
    Sweet. Just I don't get if you are getting any revenue from it.

Kassi, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  13. qwerty100

qwerty100 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've had several articles make it to the front page of digg from a tech site. Digg users do click ads, but at a very low rate. You won't make much money just from the digg effect. The best thing you can do is concentrate on how to make those visitors come back. Here are a few suggestions:

- Add something else to your site immediately that users of Digg will find interesting. You want to give the impression that your site is constantly updated, so they will feel like coming back and checking it out again tomorrow. For example writing a followup to the first article and linking to it from the first could keep people on your site longer.

- Make it easy for them to book mark you in del.icio.us or other book mark services. You want them to remember to come back.

- Make it easy for them to subscribe to an RSS feed. Every time I've been on digg, my subscription rate has gone up dramatically.

- If you have a mailing list make it easy for them to sign up. You probably won't get very many people from this, but it is worth making available.

- Mention the fact that you are on digg. The digg community like attention, adding a few sentences at the bottom thanking them for visiting your site and maybe suggesting a few other articles they might find interesting is worth it.

- Add something useful to the digg comments. Usually you can clear up a misunderstanding from the other commenters or something like that. Having the author of an article comment on Digg, makes them see you as being "one of them"

- Make sure your site can handle Digg. If you are using some type of content management system on a shared server, they may shut you down for using too many CPU cycles. You can tune things to get rid of extra hits to the database or enable some type of caching. Maybe even just creating a static version of the dugg page and using a Redirect to serve it instead of the verison from the DB (Wordpress often makes 10 to 20 calls to the DB per page, this adds up fast for 50,000 visitors. The caching module works very well when properly configured.).

- Make sure your links are optimized to take advantage of an increase in page rank on the page that was dugg. For example, if you probably don't want to have 100 outgoing links on the dugg page--you are better off distributing the page rank to your other site pages.

In my experience, being on Digg will have a positive impact on your traffic indefinitely. It won't stay as high as it is when you are on the front page, but it will probably always be higher than the pre-digg number of visitors. Usually in a few days you'll start getting hits from social bookmarking sites, people who have blogged about your page from digg, and even some large sites linking to you. I had links from MSNBC a few times because on of their writers found it on Digg.

All of these links will give you an increase in traffic.

qwerty100, Nov 8, 2006 IP
    aakashshah123 likes this.
  14. aakashshah123

aakashshah123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Greened You for that wonderful info.
    I was about to say what you have just mentioned. Though the traffic from digg has lost the pace but at the same time i have started recieving large traffic from other social bookmarking sites and other blogs.
    Also the rate of adsense click has increased post digg. While the digg users hardly contributed to the ads, the post digg refferers have contributed a decent amount in ads.( not high enough though).

aakashshah123, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  15. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had a story on digg today and It gave me around 10,000 visitors but only 10 dollars in revenue...

I dont understand how this diggs thing works like one guy gave me 47 diggs then all these people take a way diggs lol...

oh well its a good start for my digg storys,

but yes I agree their is alot of rude poeple on digg, they post really harsh comments hehehehe...

but do I care lol...im getting the traffic they can say what they want lol...

Connections, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  16. aakashshah123

Best Answers:
    Congratulations for getting digged. The best thing is if your story is cool enough , you will have them listed on other netwroking sites as said earlier by qwetry100. The people visiting from digg wont klick on ads but the subordinate visitors from other places will do it and get you rewards.

aakashshah123, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  17. aakashshah123

Best Answers:
    Update : Just got on front page again. Thats twice in 10 days........ LEts see the effect on income...

aakashshah123, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  18. aakashshah123

Best Answers:
    aakashshah123, Nov 10, 2006 IP