1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally Figured It Out

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Cyber-SEO, Dec 16, 2004.

Well after spending about 30 hours on trying to figure out why my code was working for about a day and then stopped working :)

I was kinda disappointed to figure out that my entire server was banned by DigitalPoint. Just out of curiosity did I do something wrong for my server to get banned just like that?

btw, my username on the ad network is AgentServer if that helps at all.
    Thanks Shawn,
    Ado

Cyber-SEO, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    How did you determine that your server was banned? Just curious...might be helpful for others in the future.

dazzlindonna, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  3. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    Easily :)

I'm actually using ASP code and at first when i used it everything worked fine. Then all of a suddon i start getting errors saying "A connection with the server could not be established"

So I started trying to use different objects instead of the one I had previously used and then messing around with the code that writes the ad-network.txt file and nothing seem to have worked.

Then i signed up to the forum using my email address that's from the same server. If that code wasn't enough of a hassle the DigitalPoint network did not want to send me the authontication email so that I can post.

So then I remote control to my server opened a browser and tried to open DigitalPoint.com website and guess what i wasn't able to pull ip up.

So I took the same code put it on another server that I have and WALLA. IT WORKED :)

4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, just throwing out a possibility here. over the last year or so, there have been the occasional report (myself included) of being unable to connect to digitalpoint website. no one has yet figured out why, but my own conclusion is a funky dns setting or bad router somewhere between you and the dp server. it usually clears up within a few days. so...it may just be something along those lines as opposed to a ban.

dazzlindonna, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    well, if you are not using the factory co-op code and you contact the server too many times, it will ban you. That is also a possibility here. Since you said you are using an ASP port, is it yours or the one people here are using?

chachi, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  6. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    I used the same code that some of the other users on the forum were using. I actually go the code right from the AdNetwork forum on DigitalPoint.

Although you guys do bring up some interesting points :) I may not be actually banned or I may have been banned by the code not working the right way.

Can't wait to see what the Digi Staff says :)

7. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    My guess would be your request rate went too high while testing your asp code. It makes sense that you would have been (automatically) banned as a result, but that's just a guess. :)

john_loch, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  8. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    I've checked around the forum to see if any of the other people using the same ASP code said anything about getting banned but wasn't able to find anything.

I hope its an auto ban that could hopefully be removed :)

9. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure its because you were probably calling the ad file too many times too quickly..and yes its temporary.

schlottke, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  10. SEO Guy

SEO Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    He's on vacation so will be a while :) PS Welcome to the forum Cyber

SEO Guy, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  11. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey SEO Guy nice to see you here and Cyber too.

SEO Jeff, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  12. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jeff didnt even notice you were here :D

Cyber-SEO, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  13. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you have write access to the ad_network.txt file. If you don't, it will query the DP server too much and get banned (I think temporarily) for too much bandwidth usage.

nevetS, Dec 20, 2004 IP
  14. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    nevetS,

Hmmmmm I think you are onto something. When i first put the thing up that file did not have write permissions.

Thanks for the great suggestion :D

Cyber-SEO, Dec 20, 2004 IP