1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

filter my own url

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mdbusa, Jan 12, 2005.

I use adwoards as well and get my add on my own page all the time. I supose I should filter my ad from my pages. Any one have any reasons why I should leave it??

mdbusa, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    No one has. It's pretty obvious to me that you don't want to pay for traffic from your page to your own page. You might as well donate that money or give it to me. You'd looping traffic in circles whilst paying for it with AdWords and only getting up to 80% of that money back through AdSense.

Not a good business model.

T0PS3O, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  3. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way you should is if you have a content site and work off the GoogleCash model and you don't want a straight affiliate link on your page for some reason.

Not likely, I know, so blocking yourself probably is a good thing.

EdenView, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  4. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    the only reason I can think of is the effect it would have on your CTR.

I don't know if it will be a good effect or a bad effect. I haven't tried it, but I imagine that users won't click an ad to the same site they are already on. So I'd be that by NOT having the filter there it will hurt your adwords performance more than help it. Just a guess.

roadies, Jan 16, 2005 IP