1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filipino Content Writers - Any Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by spock0149, Jul 3, 2010.

1. damoolag

damoolag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @True North - Nice speech ^_^

damoolag, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  2. Rhoody

Rhoody Peon

Best Answers:
    well, I dont know where you got this numbers from, but they are wrong !!! Look here and you see the difference between CURRENT NOMINAL AND REAL WAGE*, By Region Non-Agriculture (June 2010) http://www.nwpc.dole.gov.ph/pages/statistics/stat_nominal.html

From that many compnies deduct 50% of the SSS and Philihealth, additional deduction for staff-meals and Uniforms are normal. Teletec pays around 260 PHP here in the Province, Qualfon only 210 PHP. BPO companies here in the central Visayas pay their top-copywriters and teamleader around 300 ... in all cases minus SSS, PH

I wish those companies would stick to the minimum wages, would make life for many families easier ...

Rhoody, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  3. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    I am now an employer and I studied the standard wages according to the Philippine minimum wage laws. If you will Google for "the Philippine minimum wage" you will see that the standard minimum wage is Php 350/day for non-agriculture. Now why is the nominal and real wage lower? It is because of unfair labor practices in the Philippines. I do not want to sound very patriotic, although I am, but the truth about these wages is that there are those rich people, Filipinos and foreigners alike, who exploit the economic conditions of our laborers.

I got my numbers from experience. When I had my sink fixed, I paid Php 350 because that is the standard here in Bataan. Ask a principal in the public school near you and he/she will tell you their basic salary. The amounts I put when I mentioned my previous salary are taken from my pay slip. Do not tell me that they are wrong simply because the people around you do not receive the standard wages. There are factors why these Filipinos receive less than what they deserve, but the standard is Php 350/day. Google it. See for yourself. (Take note of Region III where I live.)

Those employees who are deducted 50% for their SSS and PhilHealth must go to the nearest SSS office and report such abusive practice. That is against the Labor Law. The total contribution is only around 7-9%, and the employer will pay 2/3 of that 9%; the employee will shoulder only 1/3 of the total contribution. I know this, because I just finished orientation at the SSS office. Again, visit the SSS site and see for yourself. I also understand, based on your post, that you are based in the Visayas. It could be because of the regional wage boards, which I will not discuss further.

I agree when you said:

because here is where the problem lies - the unfair labor practices in our country.

After this post, I will rest my case. I do not think everyone in this forum is interested to know about this embarrassing topic. I suggest we focus on the Filipinos' writing skills, which is the reason for this forum, and for which I attest is good and very satisfactory.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    True North, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  4. Rhoody

Rhoody Peon

Best Answers:
    Rhoody, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  5. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am an Indian, and don't know much about Philippines' economy, or for that matter anything else about the nation. But the "speech" by True North was really illuminating and it really looks like he cares about his fellow countrymen, since he makes it a point to be aware of the laws and pay fare wages to everybody. It's nice to know that people actually do think beyond their immediate profits .

Honestly I was never aware of the fact that Filipino rates are so low - personally I think that's a huge plus for people working from out there. The reason being that if they are good enough and can manage $5 per article (that's the DP minimum, right?) and crank out 5 okay-ish articles a day, they are making 25 USD a day. I still can't calculate how much that is in pesos, but I guess it must be a real fortune. So, why don't you guys go for the kill... don't tell the client about your nationality unless they specifically ask for it and write at the standard rates - help yourself, your countrymen and the whole country to prosper. :D

WebBuddy, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  6. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    As an Australian who does business in the Philippines, I would highly recommend hiring Filipinos for any type of work! They are great to work with, work hard, speak great English and are very dedicated! Unlike some western countries, they will often stick at a job for many years or a lifetime!

It is a shame there are so many bad employers in the Philippines and that the government doesn't seem to do anything about it! Corruption anyone??

Anyway, new president now. Let's hope for some change!

zhoom, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear somebody sticking out for the Filipinos esp since their hard work is a big factor in your business. For Philippines and all slow economies, I think change is just around the corner....nobody with a honest and hard working population would stay behind forever. Kudos to you and the Filipinos. :)

My firm belief is : NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE UNDERDOG.

WebBuddy, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    TrueNorth Although I need a translation in equivalent American dollars, I sincerely appreciate your post.

The reason I say this is because I use the services of a Filipino lady in doing the research part for some articles. I pay her with tips about 4.50 per article for this research work. The job performed as to grade it at least a B with spelling checking and good language usage.

So I did not underpay her after all. Sometimes with rewrites (lower priced), it will often be $100.00, I was hoping that would help get her and her kids by a little bit.

Please answer this for me, because I had a unknown answer. She politely "begs" me for work. Is it because I am actually paying her very well, or is it because jobs conditions and unemployment are so bad?

dyadvisor, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  9. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    They are a huge factor in many businesses around the world. Many westerners don't seem to realize how important Filipinos are to global business. I think anyone who is seriously considering running any type of business should look at hiring Filipinos.

I (almost) exclusively hire Filipinos! Where I live, the unemployment rate is around 3.5%, making it very difficult to find reliable long term staff within the local pool.

In the Philippines a salary of $500 per month is reasonable. High ranking professionals might earn $1000 (which would be a very good salary!). Considering the Filipino work week is at least 48 hours, those hourly rates are $2.50 and $5 per hour respectively.

Take into account the fact that it can take 1-3 hours to get to work in the traffic, the ability to earn $4.50 p/hr from home is very appealing!!

zhoom, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  10. damoolag

Best Answers:
    @zhoom - it's very advantageous for a woman with a child to work at the comfort of her home, right? ^_^

damoolag, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  11. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course...:) I personally think is advantageous for anyone to work in the comfort of their own home!! I work from home some of the week not because of money or children but because I can't stand the constant interruptions one comes across working in an office! That's just me though :)

zhoom, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  12. damoolag

Best Answers:
    Nice ^_^, I wish I can do the same ^_^ ... but I can't, because I help my parents to run our two(2) photo studio here in the Philippines...

damoolag, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  13. True North

True North Peon

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor
    The current peso-dollar rate is Php 45 to $1. I cannot say whether it is good or not. If we will look at the amount in its peso equivalent and consider the economic condition of our country, I can say that that amount is above average. However, that should not be the case. We must pay our writer/researchers on the basis of their skills, not whether it makes them rich or not in their localities. I am your fan Sir, not because you pay Filipino writers above average rate, but because you, together with Kraven2, believe that writers must be treated/paid not because of their nationality, but because of their ability to write and deliver high-quality articles.

@zhoom
    I sincerely thank you for believing in the Filipino talents.

True North, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    True North thank you, and also zhoom for your comments, As for damoolag I who never ever hire, as I feel this person is making a disgrace of himself and his country.

Just for clarification, I have never had anyone write an article for me. She is merely doing the research to back up by facts. It is me using that information in my article. (so in essence the lady is an information gatherer)

I never have a need for writers, but because of reputation, I do get requests. Then I choose the writer I feel best qualified, check the article, and the writer gets the pay. Those who have received "jobs" see they are paid very well. The client wins, they win.

dyadvisor, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  15. damoolag

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor - aww... when did I disgrace my country?

damoolag, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  16. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well when this post was started there was only fluff, then it took a dramatic turn. Many sincere inquires were made about working conditions, writer wages, and income and economic conditions. There was an ongoing interaction between sincere non Filipinos and Filipinos themselves.

Then you a Filipino, with no recognized writing experience walked in, and thought everything was a joke. In fact one jab was pointed at me for helping a Filipino lady working at home. You have given outsiders the absolute reasons for not hiring Filipinos by you actions. Your actions have unsuccessfully hurt fellow countrymen proud of their heritage and helping fellow workers.

Maybe someone like me (or others) developed a plan of blending their value assets into workers of other countries to use that ready base and learn how to adjust that article in a professional manner for the American professional market.

There are people with money that are leaders in the upgrading of writers. Your clownish acts are an utter disgrace, turning those with unique ideas to look elsewhere. You appear to be against independence while working as a mommy's and daddy's boy. You are truly a Jack Ass, that fortunately I can see thru by those sincere.

dyadvisor, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  17. damoolag

Best Answers:
    I think it's a misunderstanding...

My post:

Just to let everyone here in the thread that I am a Filipino, and a proud one.

it's a reply for Perry Rose's post = "Uhhhhhhh, since their cost of living is so much lower than ours, it is not "sweatshop workers.""

Because I like True North's delivery of a message. It has a feeling.

It's a reply to zhoom's = "In the Philippines a salary of $500 per month is reasonable. High ranking professionals might earn $1000 (which would be a very good salary!). Considering the Filipino work week is at least 48 hours, those hourly rates are $2.50 and $5 per hour respectively.

Take into account the fact that it can take 1-3 hours to get to work in the traffic, the ability to earn $4.50 p/hr from home is very appealing!! "

Which is very TRUE. And an advantage for a person to work home.

IT's also true, I want to work full time using the internet, but I really can't because I'm a full time on our family business, Me and my Parents established a two Photography Studio here in the Philippines.

Now, where did I gone wrong that you kept telling me that I DISGRACE my country?

And you misunderstood my simple post Y_Y... => "In fact one jab was pointed at me for helping a Filipino lady working at home." I'm not jabbing or critizising you sir, it is really a generous of you. I didn't know that you misunderstood some of my post... Y_Y IM VERY SORRY

damoolag, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  18. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    There was no misunderstanding. You shouldn't have even bothered trying to explain yourself. As usual, he is in his own little world. Literally!

You said nothing wrong.

Perry Rose, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  19. damoolag

Best Answers:

Thanks Perry Rose ^_^

damoolag, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  20. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    damoolag Thank You for your clarification

Now the beer can writer in between, again has never contributed anything to this forum, nor has even dared to make an original post of his own.

Yes, based on your Original comments they were unclear. I have yet to talk to a Filipino that is not friendly, concerned as fellow country people, and compared to some Canadians very rude.

Now based on your last posting in fact, back up, what I thought to be true. Could you or a fellow Filipino answer this for me. Why are the lower posted jobs posted in another section over looked. Is it because of the wiseness not to compete with the cutthroat poor quality cheap bidders and the loathe low price job offerers who are many times no better?

dyadvisor, Jul 12, 2010 IP