1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FileMakerPro Application Timer?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Mia, Jan 11, 2007.

Does anyone know if FM PRO under OSX has a Application Timer? I'm using a kick-off unit on my FM/OG box because the applications is horribly unstable. The kick-off does not see an application timer for FM so it cannot detect crashes by this application. How can I correct this?

Mia, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've never heard of such a thing for FileMaker.

digitalpoint, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Same here, though the guys at Sophisticated gave me a nudge in the right direction. Apparently they could never get FM to implement this. I just need something that will say, query port 591 every 5 seconds, and if it does not respond, send a kill signal to FM and restart it. It tends to die quite a bit, both on OS9 and OSX. No idea why. The console log gives me nothing to go on.

I can deal with the crashing if I can just get the machine to kick FM int he ass once and a while. I really do not think I am going to solve the issue... It is probably just a FM quirk. I am just hoping that upgrading from 5.5 to 6.0 makes the difference.

Thanx.

Mia, Jan 15, 2007 IP