1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filemaker Server startup questions

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Mia, Nov 9, 2007.

Hello, is there a way to make Filemaker Server on OSX start running by itself at startup? I have FM Server in the start up items, so the app opens, but it does not start the server daemon running.

Next, how can I tell FM Server to auto open/load the Optigold database files automatically at start up?

Thanks!

Mia, Nov 9, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well it would appear that FM Server 5.5 (in true inept filemaker tradition) contains no way to automagically set up startup the server... I found the following startup script instructions on line...

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?query=console&story=20031215140504888

They work great, and Kudos to whomever made this...

Now I just need to find out how to get FM to load the OG db files at startup as well and I think I am set for the day!

Mia, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I should probably note that I think that FM version 5.5v4 the v4 upgrade specifically appears to fix the startup issue, but I still cannot find out how to get the database files to load at startup? Anyone?

Mia, Nov 11, 2007 IP