1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filemaker issues and the "coffee cup"

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by l0cke, Mar 1, 2005.

Has anyone dealt with the coffee cup icon appearing in Filemaker? We have been running Optigold without a hitch for 2 years up until a couple of weeks ago when this started. I came in one morning and users were not able to get into Optigold. I closed and re-opened the file that would not open and this cleared things up.

This happened 3 times in February and has happened twice today. The file in question today is Charts_.fp5 which is 989KB in size. The only thing I can think of is this may be caused by a vpn user losing connection or something which is causing a lock on the file. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance.

l0cke, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try running a recovery on the Charts_.fp5 file.

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  3. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also found this in the server event log from last night.

l0cke, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would say it's most definitely a locking issue in that case. If ScottM isn't connected anymore, you could close the database and reopen it with FileMaker Admin and it should clear the lock.

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  5. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    I shut the service down completely, recovered Charts_.fp5 and compacted all the data files at the same time. Everything seems be back to normal now but this seems to be a weekly occurrence lately. Is there any maintenance that we should perform weekly or something? I think the first thing I will do is change the time for the scheduled backup to a more appropriate time.

l0cke, Mar 1, 2005 IP