1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few questions on SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by KyleStephensonWood, Jul 24, 2014.

I have a few questions on SEO which I hope you can help me with...

1) Whats the minimum searches for a keyword you target? 500? 1000? 5000? or more?

2) Is it worth having a website that targets keywords for just 5,000 searches but having 20+ of these types of websites?

3) By having a whole site dedicated to one keyword and the domain being that keyword, will that dramatically improve your chances of becoming #1?

Cheers

KyleStephensonWood, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  2. microblogland

microblogland Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. You can target any range of search count. Higher search count means more competition and more time/money usually.
    2. Absolutely
    3. EMD´s are not as powerful as they were few fears ago. But still, if you can find a short, brandable exact match keyword then go for it.

microblogland, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  3. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    You can't optimize a website for 1 keyword.
    If you do so, you will get penalized for overoptimization.

Your website must be topical. If you are creating a site about e.g. guitars, you need to have articles on various topics connected with guitars.

Google will reward you for variety, multimedia and social signals. One keyword websites don't rank anymore unless competition is really low
    or the niche is really obscure.

Mahe, Jul 25, 2014 IP