1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few questions for Article Directory owners

Discussion in 'Directories' started by aantix, Oct 25, 2006.

I am thinking about starting my own article directory.

1) In terms of Adsense, is there a direct correlation between the number of articles and the amount of money that you make? How many articles did you need to acquire before you saw any notable Adsense revenue? Does PR factor into this?

2) Any software recommendations for managing my directory? I have thought about using a CMS such as Joomla, but I don't know if these sorts of systems are search engine optimized for indexing 1,000's of articles.

3) I have thought about purchasing a few databases of articles; is there a rate at which I should add my articles? I'm assuming that if my directory goes from 100 to a million articles, Google may flag my site.

4) Is it possible to have a few hundred thousand articles, yet still receive little to no referral traffic from Google? This could be a problem for me.

5) Any other caveats I should be aware of before I start my own article directory?

aantix, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  2. biziboy

biziboy Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Seems logical. 1000s, yes better pagerank will place you better in organic rankings. you more traffic = more adsense rev.

2. i think there are some Article Dir Scripts... there are ussually plugins to optimize a CMS for SEs

3. if i understand correctly, google wont index dupe content so i dunno how this works :) and yes a large page count is asking to be banned... i would say add the articles slowly...

4. just curious why you chose article directoryt rather than a niche site?

biziboy, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a bad idea. Google won't like all that dupe content.

EveryQuery, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  4. Hiops

Hiops Peon

Best Answers:
    >2) Any software recommendations for managing my directory? I have thought about using a CMS such as Joomla, but I don't know if these sorts of systems are search engine optimized for indexing 1,000's of articles.

Just go to the existing directories, and see at the bottom of home page, who are they powered by, that way you'll get an idea how they work and look.

Hiops, Oct 25, 2006 IP