1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fellow Atheists: Why are you a free-thinker?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by iminphils, May 27, 2009.

1. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like ignorant people. See you in Hell. Ha ha ha.... seriously man, Heaven is right here on Earth for those who are not foolish enough to wait for pie in the sky - Got this rep. I am sure the person who wrote this must have felt something reading the posts. Your life is short, its time for you to move and find the truth after death and dont just hear other scepticals comments. Ask the person who know the most about their religions. Peace :)

wptheme, May 29, 2009 IP
  2. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right about that, life is damn short.

BRUm, May 29, 2009 IP
  3. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no God, if there is then it's me on my Yamaha Fz16, drunk :p

SOULZRIPPER, May 29, 2009 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    not believing god then would mean that one must believe that nature is the answer and as such all animals are the same. life is a biological condition and death is neither bad or good.it is an event in any life. as such life has no meaning or extra value. fetus dying means nothing since it has never lived and when we die it is no big deal. to dismiss religion does not make you Atheist.

pizzaman, May 29, 2009 IP
  5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Who says there has to be an answer and if there does, why can't it be 42?

Roman, May 29, 2009 IP
  6. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    all religions in the world are in the minority....so majority of the people are going to hell...

heaven is going to be a very lonely place....:D.

sachin410, May 29, 2009 IP
  7. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    because there is a question. and for every question there is a need for an answer. not knowing the answer is not the same as claiming there is no answer or there is no need for an answer.

pizzaman, May 29, 2009 IP
  8. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or we can't know the answer and never will be able to? Deism is a clever metaphysical paradox which tests our poor human cognitive abilities by putting forth something - only one of the few questions, mind - that we cannot prove and answer, either way.

BRUm, May 29, 2009 IP
  9. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    our human mind can never think how many, how much or even how huge heaven and hell is. We are talking about the people since Adam till now is let many world cycle. Sure we can laugh and chuckle about those "funny" thoughts but we wont be laughing when it happens.

wptheme, May 29, 2009 IP
  10. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I am yet to find any credible evidence that there is something like heaven or hell somewhere in the universe.

I don't think that "it is written in _____ book" is evidence for me....

sachin410, May 29, 2009 IP
  11. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    So far only about 7 billion people have died and with the majority going to hell I figure heaven needs to be about the size of our moon......hey is that where they all are, the far side of the moon?

Roman, May 29, 2009 IP
  12. Curtis Hunter

Curtis Hunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many questions have made me ponder religion. I was an Atheist since grade six, since my questions pointed out the obvious flaws.

I wonder -- when people go to heaven, do they look as though they age? Eternity must make them look pretty damn old. Or -- do they always look the same? Of course nobody knows the answer because theres no proof it even exists.

I found religion irrational, and even when I was religious, it was from parental brainwashing, and took me years to get over the improper moral values they implemented on me.

Curtis Hunter, May 29, 2009 IP
  13. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe people don't inhabit heaven and hell, but their souls do. A believer could claim that a soul does not have an appearance because it is instead an energy/spirit, or something similar.

BRUm, May 30, 2009 IP
  14. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that once death occurs, you are worm food.

In that belief, I will be attempting to sustain my life longer and further out than the average life span. If the technological enhancements and biotech industries both move forward I will be in the line for life extending and augmentation technologies.

I believe firmly in the goal of extending human life indefinitely. To wish for death is to fail your secondary biological function, which is to survive. The primary is reproduction of course, but at our vast populations that falls to the wayside until we can grow as a species without the limitations of restricted space.

Jackuul, May 30, 2009 IP