1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feel The Power Of The Digg

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Moto, Sep 27, 2006.

1. adamovic

adamovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    But some people see about your site on digg and write about it in their blogs so your site gets some nice backlinks. One guy wrote that he get ~1000 because of people who have seen his website at digg.

del.icio.us also generates backlinks.

slashot/digg is like magazine article. You've got media attention.

adamovic, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    i guess it just depends on the site. If your site is worth coming back to then people will but if its a one hit wonder then duh

is this really rocket science?

Shoemoney, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  3. GameCode3

GameCode3 Guest

Best Answers:
    Gents, I'm new here.

Anyway, just wanted to say I once got a major boost to the PR for one of my basically dormant pages by hiding an adult gallery page down in the depths of a sub domain, I posted said page to "thehun" and generated 200,000 uniques in 2 days.

I had 4 ads, including two for primary sites I had, two for affiliates.

Literally no content and ended up @ PR4 (not great, but better than a kick in the balls).

BTW, when I first tried to Join DigitalPoint forums, the confirm email never arrived to my own legit domains, but apparently signing up with Hotmail was no problem at all :(

GameCode3, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  4. KingSEO

KingSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you dont try and submit it to slashdot unless it worthy of a couple of eyeballs. I dont bother submitting obvious spam to slashdot. I've gotten a couple of stories to the slashdot frontpage, not all of them have been mine though.

For digg.. never, best is 30-40 (real) diggs. Not saying I'm bitter about it, just that they are two totally different sites. I do kinda think (sorry) that most people on digg are either a) idiots or b) clueless newbies. The people on slashdot may be trolling and / or elitistic assholes; but I love them for it.

KingSEO, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  5. alpna

alpna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am seeing it on one of my sites Today. Server has gone down twice and the story(video) is not even on front page. But I have had more than 5000 unique hits in last 30 minutes.

Alpna

alpna, Oct 3, 2006 IP