1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Invasion, Aug 5, 2004.

Hey

Are there some people here who would want to take a look at this site http://users.skynet.be/interaptus/ and tell me what they think of it's layout?

Thx big time

Invasion, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  2. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks ok, modern etc. In my 1600 res it looks a little stretched and the fonts seem a little small.

Note: Your falsely advertising the page as XHTML valid, when it is not! I suggest u clean your code or removed the link, otherwise the XML police will be on your case... ;)

xml, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Mooi design,

But inderdaad, a bit stretchy and another thing I don't like is the dark grey menu text on black background. One shouldn't have to hover the mouse over the entire menu to find out what is what IMO. I can't read it unless changing brightness/contrast on my monitor.

Oh and speaking of police, DP Trouper Shawn might come after you for not posting this in the website review section...

T0PS3O, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Oh My God - I have been told that I use font too small......you beat that by miles!!!! [go have a look Compar]
    Then you use a grey on grey!!!....Wow - I would not stay 5 seconds and I'm viewing in 1024x768
    That said your site looks smart - but if you can't read it why bother?

Foxy, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  5. steve5jack

steve5jack Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the previous comments - it looks stretched out on high res and the gray on gray is hard to read. Also, I wouldn 't use frames unless you have a good reason to. Your site would be fine without them and you would save yourself some problems.

steve5jack, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  6. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm...let's see...it either crashes my browser (myie) or returns a white page with nothing on it (although view source reveals lots of code). comes up fine in mozilla though. i'd say it has some sort of problem.

dazzlindonna, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  7. amberstar702

amberstar702 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gray on gray is bleak..........I also found myself squinting at the tiny text. I would recommend some lighter or brighter colors - based upon the nature of the website.

Good luck with your site!

Cordially,
    Terri Arnold
    **Affordable SEO for Small Businesses**
    Website Promotion/Copywriting/Editing/Press Releases

amberstar702, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  8. Percept

Percept Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreeing with al previous comments, los daarvan is het wel eens fijn een mede-Belg tegen te komen :)

Percept, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  9. Invasion

Invasion Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx to you all for viewing and commenting. Yes that Grey on Grey stuff should be fixed, we are aware of that problem. For the valid xhtml on the other hand, we don't display that image anymore, at first, it was our goal to make the whole site in valid XHTML, however, since we're having some DHTML effects and such, it's technically impossible to make that happen. We get them as good as we can, which means that 9 out of 10 pages will validate, and the other ones get checked in all known widely used browsers.

We have moved the site, have bought a domain name (www.interaptus.com), and are starting to add content.

The font size has been fixed, was using xx-small css statement, now the sizes are defined with pixels. However it should still be enlarged. The MyIE problem I don't understand. This site is during it's development always checked in MyIE2, IE and Mozilla. And it worked fine.

But a real thx to everyone out here.

Invasion, Aug 24, 2004 IP