1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Please - www.snocrazy.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by GuyFromChicago, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My friend, a snowmobile enthusiast, recently put up a site to share his pictures/videos from the snowmobile trips he takes with the group he goes with. He threw a forum in there to for general chat about snowmobiles, etc. The site has been up for about 1

GuyFromChicago, Mar 27, 2004 IP
  2. OnSpec

OnSpec Peon

Best Answers:
    On the first photo page there should be some photos, not just a bunch of links that take you to photos. Maybe consider a thumbnail and text link for each set.

Otherwise.. cool.

OnSpec, Mar 27, 2004 IP
  3. TampaDave

TampaDave Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with thumbnails on the photos page - give a taste to entice the click for the full image. Also, fonts seem to be different sizes for the links.

Links page: All caps is a bad.

Blue on black doesn't work for me. I prefer white or very light background. Dark backgrounds make everything look so closed in and oppressive. When I see a site with a black background it sends me a negative signal regarding the design.

Overall it's a well done hobby site, but....

What is the visions for this site? The goal? Is this going to be an affiliate site for snowmobile realted stuff? Does he want this to one day generate auxilary income? Will it never be more than a hobby?

If he's just doing this as a hobby and has no aspirations beyond that, the site is fine. If he has the intent of developing a business out of this, I think he's on the wrong track.

TampaDave

TampaDave, Apr 7, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.