1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback on our charitable discount bundle

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Slippers, Nov 14, 2015.

Hey Guys!

I just signed up and decided to jump right into the fray. No merit in dawdling I guess, so allow me to get to it.

Our small company, based in Lower Saxony, Germany, is on the verge of launching its first international online shop. My Name might have already given our product away: that's right, Slippers :). We're still working on several approaches. I'd like to introduce one and i'm really looking forward to reading your opinions on it.

We're planning to offer a bundle of gift certificates for $9,99. It'll include 20% off on the first purchase, 25% off on the second, 25% off on the third and a final 30% off on the fourth. The motto will be something along the lines of "100% Discount, 100% Satisfaction", we haven't yet decided on an actual slogan though.

How do you guys like the general idea?

We have also considered to donate $5 out of every $10 to charity, but a couple of follow-up questions came up:

1. Do you think charity can act as an additional incentive to buy the $9,99 package? Would it appeal to you? Would $5 be too much?

2. Would contributing to regional charity projects (lower saxony, around Hannover) appeal to you or do you think it that it could be appealing to an international audience? Might international charity projects be more interesting?

3. Would it be important to you (from a customer's Point of view) to learn as much about the projects as possible?

4. Would you appreciate if we'd offer different charity projects to choose from?

I hope that I'm not asking too much by asking that much :). You don't have to answer all the question, heck, you actually don't have to answer at all, but if you decide to contribute, very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Slippers, Nov 14, 2015 IP
  2. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    hey to you. I believe that is a very good approach to the market. The discounts will definitely attract more buyers and also the knowledge of you giving back to charity. I dont know the amount of money used in manufacturing or producing the products, but I think the 5$ donations for every product might be very high in addition to the discounts. This would mean that your business which is probably young will not have enough money to run. My advice is that first you use the discounts to attract more customers until the business breaks even then you can start the donations. alternatively you can give the donations after a certain amount of product is sold. Like every 10 products. That is just my opinion but otherwise your idea is great. thanks

kimanierick, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  3. Slippers

Slippers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Krim!

Thanks for the Input, very much appreciated.

We have been selling Slippers in Germany and Europe for almost 25 years, but I should have mentioned that before. But that doesn't mean that we don't want to optimize Profit margins, so numbers are important.
    What do you think on the regional aspect of the charity? Would that put you off personally? Would you prefer international Projects? If not, would you like to see what's being done with the Money?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Slippers, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  4. Slippers

Slippers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys

We have continuously worked on the site and I would once more appreciate some feedback on how you feel about it.

https://www.german-slippers.com

Feel free to post or PM me your critique.

Would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Slippers, Apr 30, 2016 IP