1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Feedback On New Forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by wozzaofrare, Jan 20, 2013.

Hi

I've been a member here for many years (since 2006) and am a busy .com entrepreneur

I come in and out of the site over the years and clocked up quite a lot of posts and as a buyer / seller

I come for the first time in 2013 to find a new forum design and suddenly I don't seem to exist as an account that can participate in the marketplace any more

Why would you turn away long term members? I can see the value in some of your features for cutting down on spam members (there's no kidding there's a lot of them)

But it should have been done in a way to preserve memberships going back years

I run a massive gaming forum and we value our long term members, they are loyal for life. I wouldn't change their accounts with a new forum design to prevent them from participating in the forum.

Just a suggestion - food for thought!

wozzaofrare, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the changes which are done were much needed. And agreeing to your point as well that the long term members hold a special place for the forum.

The reason is because you've not given enough quality to the forums, as simple as that. I mean, just looking at the requirements to post in BST section are very simple. If you've got 240 posts and don't have 3 likes as well then that means that you've not given enough and that is why you should not get the rights just like that.

Serious Workers, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. pari Shah

pari Shah Banned

Best Answers:
    i don't like "3 Like" Term New Look is nice every thing look new like 2013

pari Shah, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. wozzaofrare

wozzaofrare Active Member

Best Answers:
    nonsense, 240 posts and only one like

if I'm active in buying and selling in the marketplace, what motivation is there for someone to like my post in that category of posting?

Outside that forum topic, I've made plenty of good contributions to the forum and the one guy who liked my post back several years ago was someone who completely disagreed with me. Several people in that topic re-quoted what I wrote and agreed with me and added further to it yet none of them liked what I wrote (despite re-quoting it)

Clearly the motivation for people to 'like' a post is not there thereby resulting in a percentage of members who are now restricted from using areas of the forum

The whole 'like' approach in its current form is flawed and as a fellow major forum owner I can say its a deterrent for keeping long term members who find themselves in a position I'm in

Why would I bother wasting my time chasing a like after being a member for so many years?

wozzaofrare, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    People really need to read the post made addressing all of the things like this before asking to be honest. Digital Point is not turning you away, they simply have a new and quite frankly better management process for this which in the long term I believe will make the marketplace of higher quality.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. wozzaofrare

wozzaofrare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well kiss good bye to this seven year long membership (more then anyone who's replied to this topic)

the one forum I was most active and interested in I can't post in any more therefore I have no further need of visiting this site or participating in this forum

Final word of advice for the webmaster of this site: I suggest you make efforts to attract buyers and sellers if you want to rival the likes of Flippa.com and DNForum.com rather then make it extremely hard to attract such people as I detailed above. $1 million deals happen at DNForum.com, if you want to get those sort of world wide names in your community I suggest you go about things differently....

wozzaofrare, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly do you not like about the new Digital Point? I am interesting in hearing what your problems are with the new system apart from not yet having time to adapt.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Buy/Sell/Trade area was never the focus of this site... We were never trying to compete with Flippa or anyone else. It was always there as a bonus/benefit for existing contributing users. If someone has no use for this site outside of B/S/T, it's fine if we lose them as a user... That's really the whole point of the change.

digitalpoint, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new forum theme looks good. It just takes time to adapt to it.

kevydesigns, Jan 21, 2013 IP