1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback on a quick Ad Design I attempted

Discussion in 'Design' started by Jordan260, Aug 19, 2011.

Hey Guys,

I was given a small design brief for creating a 'Mobile Ad Design'. They asked for a 'corporate' them in terms of colours and images maybe, so I gave it a shot but seems to be rejected so i'll try others but I just wondered what others thought of this one for example.

Obviously I'll try get some info on exactly what they didn't like, and make some very different alternatives which will try to match what they want.

Anyway here are the design(s), do you have any feedback on improvements etc maybe? To be fair, I like doing design but haven't done it for too long.

mobilead-v1.jpg mobilead-v2.jpg

Jordan260, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  2. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    They want corporate you say? As a female (who works with corporate types) it's boring. Yes it's clean, but it won't get anyone's attention... and definitely not mothers. Mothers notice babies / children (we don't really care for other mothers unless we see ourselves reflected in the image. For example: chaos of children and working full time.) You are using a nice calm corporate blue, and your main images are cellphones. :-s
    If I was a guy, and into gadgets... this would be great.
    In short, find your feminine side and convince your "corporate" types that if they want attention, they need to talk to their audience... working mothers.
    Good luck

xira, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  3. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks Ok to me, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You might want to work on the font used in the text. Change it so it becomes more eye catching.

unknownpray, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  4. broombroom

broombroom Member

Best Answers:
    I think it looks ok, could be worse could maybe be a bit better but it is hard to pinpoint what you could do to make it better. I think it looks too neat and basic theres too much space as well I think. I think you need to make the logo bigger and the writing bigger and make the mindful mum stand out more. Just so that it goes more noticed. Maybe even more colours but that might not be corporate. Just go nuts try lots of things and you will get one you know is good. You could try looking at other similar banners like o2 and vodafone to get some ideas.

broombroom, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  5. freyasdaddy

freyasdaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks ok but basic

freyasdaddy, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  6. 1984brightside

1984brightside Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad, but put more interesting point. like glow on text .. someting.

1984brightside, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  7. Visualz

Visualz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, the banner is weak on motherhood images. The corporate blue may good for business clients but it may not work so well for mothers. A clean colour scheme with relevant images and some variation in the text with maybe some taglines etc would go along way.

Visualz, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  8. pakalok

pakalok Peon

Best Answers:
    the first one looks nicer but I feel that need something on the background of the text
    good luck

pakalok, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  9. srimanroop

srimanroop Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its ok .. you can give it.. its professional

srimanroop, Oct 1, 2011 IP