1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fedup with Hostgator, Please suggest a good alternative for shared hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mirisaamali, Dec 28, 2014.

Hi all,

I am fedup with hostgator's service and quality. It has terribly gone down in the past 6 months. The support has become pathetic. First of all the wait time for live chat is like more than 30 mins minimum. And when finally you are able to create a ticket with them, they respond to your ticket or take action on it after nearly 7 days! They also shutdown your site for silly reasons, and don't ask rest!

Kindly let me know which shares hosting company plan is best alternative. I am looking in terms of ease, fast support and security! Price is not an issue!

mirisaamali, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I host with A Small Orange and they are great. If you are looking for an "unlimited" host, you could also look at WebHostingBuzz and StableHost. As far as unlimited hosting goes, those two have a reputation for shutting down abusers and trying to keep server resource usage under control. I have not used them.

billzo, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  3. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think A Small Orange and Host Gator are both EIG companies?

scithe, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  4. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think they're learning from Namecheap. Had some issues with an account and I had to even contact them on twitter to get something done. Horrifying experience and I thought GoDaddy were bad. I worked with Bluehost in the past (a client of mine had some sites there). Not too impressed (if you have security issues they'll usually ignore it), but still OK. I had something to solve on HostGator few days ago and called them actually, since the 30 minutes wait time was taking more than 30 minutes. Really bad move from their part, but it seems to be something other companies suffer: lack of proper customer support. Oh, well, time for the smaller companies to fill in, since they cannot compete on price, maybe they can compete on support.

SuperiorWD, Jan 1, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  5. Prashant J

Prashant J Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with eukhost.com . Their support is the Best

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Prashant J, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  6. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost works best for me.

AmanDH, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  7. quotealex

quotealex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost is owned by the same company that owns Hostgator, A Small Orange, among others. Last count Endurance International Group owned like 50 hosts!

quotealex, Jan 1, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  8. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I though they are different companies.
    Where did you get this information mate ?

AmanDH, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  9. yooozy

yooozy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Justhost, bluehost, hostgator, dreamhost, and hostmonster are all the same prototypes, not to talk about low quality hosting that are just good in doing agressive marketing campaigns such as, iPage, godaddy, Fatcow, 1and1 , I really suggest you to go for Digitalocean if feel comfortable with VPS otherwise, try to find a reliable host, considering these factors: not to forget that there are million of unknown host BTW I often find a lot of great German based host

1- where is most of your audience is located?, then see if the host is located there or has backbones near that area
    use http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ to test server speed
    2- consider the customer service Quality.
    3- Software solution, does it meet your need or not?

Note that most webmaster are missing the point that even good webhosts will be bad as they get more popular and more users, as you can see most use Bluehost or hostgator, they were good once but now, their quality is going down prominently

Regards,

yooozy, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  10. quotealex

quotealex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check http://www.enduranceinternational.com/our-company/our-brands

quotealex, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @op, what is your budget per month? if money is no issue, and if you need alot of support and hand holding to manage your own website, then perhaps try liquid web.

matt_62, Jan 1, 2015 IP
  12. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on your budget check out A2 Hosting or InMotion Hosting.

micksss, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  13. mayank6169

mayank6169 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about the new hosting company HostMetro? Can anybody tell me how are they?

mayank6169, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  14. shakensoul

shakensoul Member

Best Answers:
    Have you looked at Hostdime ? Have been using their services and pretty much satisfied, both in terms of uptime and support. They are a top tier hosting company with multiple datacenters across the globe. Choose a datacenter located nearest to you, or your audience and you should be good to go.

They also have a pretty good reputation at webhostingtalk, the mecca of hosting discussions :)

shakensoul, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  15. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    It’s probably best for you to visit offers section of DP along with browsing some of the posts in this section. This will help you in determining how many good options available for the hosting. Make a short-list of hosting companies that you like, contact each of them for the comparison. Remember, people recommend hosts based on their personal experience but what makes their host best for them may or may not make them best for you. So choose you next wisely after doing your own research.

paullopez, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  16. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true, so very, very true! I almost felt like a lone wolf preaching all around about quality support and still seeing tons of people going for the cheapest option and then being surprised that they got what they paid for. Some of the smaller companies do also try to compete price-wise however this also often correlates to poor support. Not sure why people would prefer to save a few bucks and then lose much more due to downtimes and lacking/non-existent support.

Its pretty simple really. You get a list of your reqirements, prepare some questions, shortlist some hosts and then test their support BEFORE you sign up. Even if you have the feeling the support for existing clients might be different from the one that new clients receive you can back yourself up by choosing a host with a good moneyback guarantee which will make this venture less risky. ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  17. ChadFromRLT

ChadFromRLT Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you ever tried semoweb.com? They offer shared, vps and dedicated server packages. They even do reseller hosting. Pretty cheap.

ChadFromRLT, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  18. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    namecheap.com or instantcpanelhosting.com

postcd, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  19. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out Nexcess.net. They offer great service, great support, and a supremely knowledgeable staff. I have worked with them and they host their own data centers out of Michigan and are really top notch.

SlimCharles47, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  20. Shirllin

Shirllin Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not change to dedicated servers ? It's better than shared servers. Give gchao dot come a try.

Shirllin, Jan 25, 2015 IP