1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

February AdSense Payment...

Discussion in 'Payments' started by digitalpoint, Mar 11, 2004.

Don't know about everyone else, but the payment reports within my AdSense report shows that Google sent payment for February already.
    SEMrush
    They are by far the most prompt company when it comes to payments (at least the ones I have dealt with).

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 11, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more - although they take payment promptly as well!

But the biggest point is it has put fun and reward back into good content and as we all suffer from the "window shoppers" it pays for the cleaner.
    M

expat, Mar 12, 2004 IP
  3. Mr T

Mr T Guest

Best Answers:
    Cool, just been accepted for adsense on a new site - cant wait for the cheques to start rolling in! (Hopefully :) )

Mr T, Mar 12, 2004 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    living in a remote country - Philippines - i was thinking about adding google's AdSense & AdWords to my site - ..

hesitating because of known and experienced difficulties of cashing foreign checks here and
    due to missing knowledge if at all it brings at least some return worth the additional work and beyond ..

what is your experience ?? - does google offer payments via paypal as well ? or onoly checks or bank to bank ( US bank or also foreign bank ? )

and what is the minimum traffic on a site to make it work at all ? ( i have approx half a million hits a month only at present - BUT on 1000+ different html-pages )

any feedback about your direct experience is welcome

hans, Mar 13, 2004 IP
  5. expat

Best Answers:
    Hi Hans,
    there is no minimum traffic. There is a min payout (I think its $100) - No paypal yet -
    It's ideal if you have diverse pages and ridiculously easy to install with plenty of formats to use - if and when you accepted.

US checks is even a problem in Europe - They are usually 90 days valid and I bundle them up for two month and than ask a couple of banks for rates or use an internet account.
    Haven't found a good deal yet.
    Cheers
    M

expat, Mar 13, 2004 IP
  6. Luke

Luke Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually receive my check two weeks after they send it, it costs me 15 pounds (30 dollars) to cash it, Google in my experience are slow and inconvinent.

Luke, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, I can see where that could be a problem. I heard a rumor they are going to have an option of disbursing payments right into a back account one of these days. So that might help you.

For me, being in the US it's not bad at all. Typically takes 3 days to get the check (from the date they said it was cut in the AdSense reporting), then drop it in the bank. In reality it usually sits on my desk for a few weeks because I'm too lazy to deposit it (I deposited the January check just today for example). :)

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  8. Luke

Luke Peon

Best Answers:
    I think i would perfer paypal payments actually, I did email them to ask for the option but they said "we are planning to intiate more payments options" its easier for me since all my donations go into my paypal account and its free to transfer to my UK bank account.

Luke, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you would like to make it really easy on yourself, you can use my AdSense ID for your ads. Then you don't have to worry about payment at all. :)

- Shawn

10. Luke

Luke Peon

Best Answers:
    how much do you make a month?

Luke, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  11. expat

Best Answers:
    how often do you have ***?
    M

expat, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  12. Mr T

Mr T Guest

Best Answers:
    15 quid to cash an AdSense cheque?! Hopefully they will have setup these new payment methods before I get to $100...

Risky talking about exact amounts isnt it?

Mr T, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  13. expat

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I'm checking city bank dollar account on line and Bank of America they both claim to cash dollar cheques free.... NatWest presently charges me

expat, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    >$1,000/month

- Shawn

15. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    This entire AdSense payment situation is a pain. I live in Canada so I get my checks -- cheques for our UK friends-- relatively quickly and have absolutely no problem depositing them in my bank account for same day credit and at a good exchange rate.

However I would like the money in my PayPal account and it takes 8 business days to do a transfer from a Canadian bank to PayPal.

I wonder if this scenario might work better in the UK. If you have a credit card attached to your PayPal account why not use your AdSense cheques to pay off your credit card. I'm sure the credit card company won't have any problem handling the US funds. Then use the credit card to fund your PayPal purchases or payments???

compar, Mar 17, 2004 IP
  16. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:

Just in case you don't want to take Shawn up on his "generous" offer, I'll be happy to offer my Adsense ID for your use also! ;-)

alek

hulkster, Mar 21, 2004 IP
  17. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For all UK people - why not use Alliance and Leicester or Barclays?

I process my cheque like a normal UK one (changing the pound symbol into dollar one on the invoice slip). I have to wait around 10 days, but they process it no problem and no extra charge. They just convert the rate for me automatically.

Hope this helps!

misohoni, Mar 30, 2004 IP
  18. expat

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks for the tip - is this private or business accounts?

I have to run b-accounts as I have one of the dreaded LTD's here in the UK.

Cheers
    M

expat, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  19. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's a normal current account. I think Barclay's would be the best since their cheque transfers are great. You have to see a cashier, but it'll be no problem.

misohoni, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  20. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I just receive yesterday my payment for june. I deposited it on my bank "Metrobank" Philippines and they said it will take 30-45 clearing days. Too long but its worth a wait.

melfan, Jul 21, 2004 IP