1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Features Of the Forum Software

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by compar, Apr 7, 2004.

As has been said several times already this is really good Forum software. I think there are probably a number of interesting features that the members may not know about or be using.

For instance I don't think many people would normally expect a calendar function in forum software but this forum has one that could be quite useful.

One of the questions I have is, what is the idea behind the "library"? Is it intended for non graphic browsers?

Is there a help file or forum features overview file that new members should have a quick look at? I just checked the FAQ and it does include a lot of info, but maybe we could/should use this thread for members to post thing that they have found and which they think are useful and interesting.

compar, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The library is a feature built into vBulletin that allows easy spiderability to search engines.

vBulletin (specifically the new 3.0 version) is by far the best forum software out there in my opinion. The cool stuff you see on the user's end is only a tiny bit of the coolness as a whole (from an administration standpoint).

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    what features do you find most beneficial as an administration?

schlottke, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a beautiful feature.

I wrote a rather long post and after I previewed it I forgot to submit it. I didn't realize this until I had click through about 5 or 6 more pages. I didn't think I had a hope in hell of being able to click back to it, but sure enough after about 5 or 6 clicks on the back button I arrived at my message and was able to submit it.

compar, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    General flexibility of it without having to hack on it like I did with phpBB. The templating system is also amazing. Nothing is stored in files like phpBB does, but in a MySQL database rather. It's hard to explain the flexibility without showing... :)

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2004 IP