1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FB likes - Quality VS Quantity

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by condra, Dec 12, 2014.

Trying to get my head around how best to integrate Facebook with various niche websites and affiliate campaigns.

I came across a video of tactics for getting cheap likes, as a form of "social proof"

Soon after, I came across an article about how low quality likes from disengaged people in poor countries are not only useless, but will harm your Facebook page, since Facebook (allegedly?) doesn't share your posts with everyone following you, but only some. So apparently, laser targeted fans are worth spending money on. 

Then, I came across the Facebook Fraud video:

... and it threw me even further ..

So, if someone is up to speed on all that stuff, please can you tell me an example of a situation where social proof would be more important than high quality engagement?

Thanks in advance for any tips on this subject.

condra, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its pretty simple really. As with many super-cheap services that bring super-duper results, buying FB likes is pretty useless. Especially if you run a business that sells products or services. You will get absolutely zero engagement from bought likes, most of them are not even real people. So what is the point of having 2000 likes on your page if the content you share there will reach no one?

The only slight positive is that, for startup businesses or personal-type pages the bought likes will give the impression to real visitors that your page is already pretty popular, which will give them an assurance of credibility. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rado_ch, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  3. kate_T

kate_T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. Likes are not = sales. It will only make your page look popular. Even if those likes come from "real people" but doesn't really like what you are promoting, sooner or later they will unfollow you if you keep on sharing/posting something that are not beneficial for them.

kate_T, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  4. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    It doesnt mean that if you have thousands of likes you will gain a lot of income. The quality of your posts and if it something people could relate to really matters.

usemyteam, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  5. krishatnet

krishatnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are correct quality is important. You can buy tons of likes at cheap price but no use.

krishatnet, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  6. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    When I start a new website I buy every time around 2-3k likes to improve credibility. After that I run like campaigns on FB to get more likes. I had cases where I paid $0.05 for a like, so they usually come very cheap.
    In my oppinion, the most important metric on FB is Engagement Rate, something that bought likes won't help with

Daniel.Thomas, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is true that all the cheap or purchased likes are fake people or robots and not sales. However if you have a complete new page to start, I guess sometimes its better to start with some number and reach to a figure and then start your campaign. So atleast when you are promoting your fan page or business, the real people who starts taking interest, would first be attracted with your likes.

Even sometimes when I get any promotional mails or alerts and if the page is not interesting or completely new or less likes, I dont even bother to scroll down to see what is it about.

China_girl, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  8. arp

arp Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest don't go for brought likes, instead ask real people with huge fan following to promote your site. It makes a lot of difference in my case

arp, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  9. jessy Fergiena

jessy Fergiena Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree , This is true Likes are not = sales

jessy Fergiena, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  10. TommyBWoodall

TommyBWoodall Member

Best Answers:
    It always not right. You can buy genuine Facebook likes from legitimate person. Facebook likes are a method which is used to measure the environment of substance.

TommyBWoodall, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  11. anh998

anh998 Member

Best Answers:
    will we get things selled?

anh998, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  12. ribads.com

ribads.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buying FB likes is useless. Almost all services gives not active likes. Maybe that "like" not bot, but they don't give engagement in future. More over you have risk to take penalty from FB.

ribads.com, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  13. ElizabethPacheco

ElizabethPacheco Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not true. If any provider provides you likes with the genuine FB profile it means all likes are genuine.

ElizabethPacheco, Mar 31, 2015 IP