1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FB forcing me to convert profile to page. Have questions.

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by skuba, Feb 4, 2015.

Hi,

Before fan pages existed on FB, I created a profile page for my website and it has about 3000 friends. Once pages were launched I created a fan page for it and it has about 1000 fans.

I have maintained the profile active as I think it's actually much more engaging than the page, mainly because profile posts trigger notifications to the friends, while page posts do not trigger notifications to fans. But also because of the number of friends compared to fans I have.

Anyway, I have been using both for a couple of years, until just recently when FB decided to lock my profile and force to convert to a page, since it's a "business". I know I could convert and it will transform friends into fans, but I already have a fan page.

How should I go about this? Do the conversion to page and then merge with existing page? Can I transform it into a community instead? Can I get away and not transform it at all?

Thanks so much

skuba, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  2. skuba

skuba Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody?

skuba, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  3. HostHub.io

HostHub.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello! For the moment try to ignore the message from FB asking you to transform it. If this can't be done, them maybe merge it and in this way the fans number will increase. Good luck!

HostHub.io, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think, since profile pages are meant to be for some individual people, maybe facebook has started changing such kind of profiles to a page. Right now I think you just donot click any links or merge anything and letz see what FB does. However if you wish to merge the profile page and fan page together, then you can do that, but as you mentioned in your post above, you might not have the benefits of the notifications with the fans or friends.

China_girl, Feb 7, 2015 IP