1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Favorite forum hacks

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Blogmaster, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To those who have just joined in, what I edited out was the fact that I simply care less about vbwebmaster and am simply tired of being told how great the place is when in reality I have yet to see anyone being helped over there. I once was a mod when I believed the forum would be running well eventually. Before I was taken off as a mod, I haven't even logged in in about 3 weeks. IMO the place is a joke. And so is Minstrel.

Blogmaster, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys Guys come on..

Completely off topic.

There's no need to insult each others sites.. keep it personal :p

So, my favourite forum hack is..
    dps blog post hack because it gives everyone 5 links instead of 4 and its a good idea as the anchors change.

Design Agent, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For the record, that isn't my forum. In fact, none of my forums have even been mentioned in this thread.

minstrel, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Another hack that I love is the Active Topics hack for vBulletin (post #13 has the good stuff). It's helpful on forums I only visit every few days to see posts from within a specified period of time.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Toot - you kill me. :)

joeychgo, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Spamming someone else's forum doesn't make it any less annoying ...

edit: everyone is sick of this, why don't you guys take your B.S. over there where people are used to it.

7. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SO your admitting that you spam forums? Makes sense that you now call Minstrial a hypocrite....

I think there is alot of truth to this. Of course, what I never told anyone is that I fired him because I was provided with evidence that he was copying posts from VBW's moderator forum and posting them in a competitor's mod forum. Then, when I did a check of a link exchange I did with him, I found my link was not on his site. When I asked him about it Toot told me he said he 'forgot' to tell me he had removed the link.

All in all - he is toot isnt trustworthy IMO which is why he isnt a moderator at vBulletin Webmaster any longer. (there are alot of other reasons Ive seen that make him not trustworthy in my eyes)

Toot now gives me red rep here all the time - and jumps all over anything I post about VBW. The post I linked to here was linked to a specif post on the same topic as this thread - and was relevant IMO, which is why I posted it.

But - all in all - I mostly prefer to not pay much attention to Toot -- or whatever name he is using this week.

:D

8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Well, Joey, your little plan worked, you've got another backlink. I'd like to see where I have copied posts (please, show me the evidence). What you're doing right now is slander. So, you do have the proof, correct???

9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The other things I won't have to even get into. I've gotten plenty green rep and PM from forum members here telling me how sick they are of you spamming. You have your clowns like Minstrel doing your dirty work and that's good for you. But you seem to expect everyone in your forum to do the same thing. Like keeping dcristo's "Joeychgo you're low" thread going for 30+ pages to promote your site (after you whined and begged everyone to come help you).

So as far as I'm concerned, you guys are too far beneath me to even be bothered with. It's just amazing that you keep this going just to gain more backlinks.

from http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=dp_faq#faq_posting_guidelines :

10. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did give a summary - I said we discussed the same thing and linked to the discussion.

ANd I never whined for anyone's help - especially yours.

Grow up Toot. Get a life. We've had 5 pages of your whining, and I am tired of it now.

11. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just to bring this thread around back closer to topic....

I dont think thats anal - I think your dead on. This is one of the dumber examples of some of the needless stuff VB does. Its a great package, dont get me wrong. But there are some flaws that I just shake my head when I see them.

12. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With vBulletin 3.5 going Gold soon, I started looking around the hacks at vb.org. I thought I would list a few of the ones that I felt were important for most forums to have or consider having. I havent installed any of these hacks yet, so I cant testify as to how well they function, but they are hacks you may want to consider for your forum.

I listed them on my forum here: vBulletin Hacks for 3.5

Hope its helpful.

joeychgo, Sep 24, 2005 IP