1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Fast Contest Graphic Design for Presentation - $25 to the winner 2 days

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Manatee IT, Sep 26, 2019.

I am trying to make a graphic to use in a presentation to compare Monolithic Software Architecture to Microservices Architecture.

I have uploaded a mockup, but I want something better

It does not have to be in a circle form I am open to any other configuration.

Requirements Update:
    Monolithic:
    UI - Graphical Interface - The UI Runs on the users' Workstation. This is the Users view of the application. Made up of HTML, CSS, Javascript views to allow the user to interact with the system.
    Monolithic Code - This runs on a single server and requires all the code to be updated even when one business logic component needs to be changed. This business logic that has modules in it that perform given function. You don't have to name these specifically, you can just make a generic name for them and make sure I can have up to 10 inside the containment that would represent the Monolithic code.

Microservices
    UI
    - Graphical Interface
    API Gateway(s) - This could be more than one. The idea behind microservices is running on one or many different servers. The API gateway acts like a traffic cop directing request from the Client UI to the necessary Microservice. It can have logic in it to send users in different directions based on some criteria, such as you have a need to test a new microservice but you don't want to launch for all users at the same time. The API can route request differently
    Business Logic Microservices - There are complex programs that are made up of one or many Atomic Microservices. They are the business logic of the application broken down into smaller components vs Monolithic code where all of them are in one. This can have one or many tiers of services if needed.
    Atomic Microservices - These are small applications that run independently from each other. VS the monolithic code that the logic or business logic concepts are all running in the same application.

API Gateway and microservices could run in a framework in which can run on a collection of servers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Manatee IT, Sep 26, 2019 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  2. kavo0o0o

kavo0o0o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You need the same elements?

kavo0o0o, Sep 26, 2019 IP
  3. Manatee IT

Manatee IT Active Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    These are examples. If you don't know what monolithic / Microservices is , then yes. I would like it to be in a form that I might be able to edit things so I could change them if if i wanted to make the more specific.

Microservices ---> UX -- UI--- API Gateway --- Microservice Business Logic ---- Microservice Atomic

Microservice Business Logic - Is a collection of functions that may or may not be made up of Atomic Services

Atomic Services ---- Is a service that typical performs 1 or very few functions.

muddy786 likes this.
  4. Manatee IT

Manatee IT Active Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Elements

Monolithic:
    UI - Graphical Interface - The UI Runs on the users' Workstation. This is the Users view of the application. Made up of HTML, CSS, Javascript views to allow the user to interact with the system.
    Monolithic Code - This runs on a single server and requires all the code to be updated even when one business logic component needs to be changed. This business logic that has modules in it that perform given function. You don't have to name these specifically, you can just make a generic name for them and make sure I can have up to 10 inside the containment that would represent the Monolithic code.

Microservices
    UI
    - Graphical Interface
    API Gateway(s) - This could be more than one. The idea behind microservices is running on one or many different servers. The API gateway acts like a traffic cop directing request from the Client UI to the necessary Microservice. It can have logic in it to send users in different directions based on some criteria, such as you have a need to test a new microservice but you don't want to launch for all users at the same time. The API can route request differently
    Business Logic Microservices - There are complex programs that are made up of one or many Atomic Microservices. They are the business logic of the application broken down into smaller components vs Monolithic code where all of them are in one. This can have one or many tiers of services if needed.
    Atomic Microservices - These are small applications that run independently from each other. VS the monolithic code that the logic or business logic concepts are all running in the same application.

API Gateway and microservices could run in a framework in which can run on a collection of servers.

muddy786 likes this.