1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

False Testimonials~ for a Product

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by chickut, Mar 29, 2008.

I have been dying and meaning to ask this question for a long time. I know for a fact that a majority of clickbank products' testimonials are totally fake. You know it and I know it.

I am creating a quality in-depth ebook & system package on a niche of my expertise. I need testimonials and I want their to be no legal complications, but I also like to note that I refuse to pay anybody money for a measly little testimonial.

Questions
    -Can I use royalty free istockphotos or www.sxc.hu photos of people saying that it worked for them?

-Where should I get photos and when I find them can I make up fake names for them and locations?

-How do you guys out their with experience do it?

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any suggestions!

chickut, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  2. mohamedd

mohamedd Active Member

Best Answers:
    ummm I dont know where you live but in canada false testimonials is against the law. And im pretty shure its the same around the world. My best advice to you is dont do it. Offer your book free to some people and just request for a testimonial from them.

mohamedd, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get some people to review your product and ask them to write a short review for you.

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  4. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't go the false testimonial route, do as others say and offer your product for free in return for a testimonial, if your product is good you will get a testimonial. I've got over one hundred testimonials on one of my sites and not one of them are fake.

terryd, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  5. chickut

chickut Banned

Best Answers:
    There in lies the the problem...My site is about building muscle and becoming ripped. That stuff does not happen over night if you know what I mean. So can you suggest some more alternatives to getting staged testimonials?

chickut, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can give your product to experienced bodybuilders and ask their opinion about the methods described in the ebook. I think they will be able to write something for you.

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  7. chickut

chickut Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I will try that. I just wish there were an easier way to go about this.

chickut, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  8. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to your local gym, ask if some of the people would mind being interviewed for your book - tell them they will get mass exposure and you will in turn be promoting them to some capacity. See if they have a website, link to it from your interview/testimonial etc.

You say 'i won't pay for a little testimonial', i think that is quick thinking not smart thinking. In your sector I would easily pay a few hundred each for a proper endorsement (testimonials are quiet endorsements after all).

Don't fake it though, stock photo's beside fake text is horrible and see through - real endorsements with proof(links) will do you wonders in the bodybuilding sector. **If you're anywhere near Toronto, I may be able to help you out - two recent clients of mine - http://www.wowfame.com - http://www.wbffshows.com - feel free to contact some of them - or just join BB forums and go direct.

Cheers, good luck with your program.
    Norb.

NCMedia, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  9. bunch

bunch Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have loved to do one for you once I have looked at your book, unfortunately I know nothing about becoming ripped. Unless you call me having 4 glasses of wine as being ripped...lol....If it was something I knew something about I would love to do this for people.
    A free e-book would help me do this even more had it been close to something I could relate to.
    Hey why don't you freelance it? Get someone to read it give a testimony and send their pic...pay a few bucks for it...you will have people up the ying yang wanting to do this for you.

bunch, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  10. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhh not sure about you but when I need testimonials I go out and get legitimate, unpaid testimonials. False advertising = illegal.

Go to a forum related to your product and give it out to a handful of people and ask them for a review.

Gallito, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  11. TorchedSEO

TorchedSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are in the United States the FTC may even ask to see proof of your testimonials, if you can't provide proof you will have to remove them from your website. The best thing you can do is find people in your niche and give them a free copy in exchange for a review. This is how most clickbank product reviews are generated.

TorchedSEO, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  12. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Call Joe Piscopo.

[​IMG]

He's got to need some money....

domainiac, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  13. chickut

chickut Banned

Best Answers:
    OMG! that picture is so funny, but seriously what you guys said is scary and a little intimidating.

So you said I can have "Fake" testimonials until the FTC asks me to remove them; penalty free, right- like fines?

Also...what kind of proof do they need to see that the testimonial is true? Images?

chickut, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  14. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, cmon.

How many publishers were actually contacted by FTC?

karabas, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  15. bohimt

bohimt Member

Best Answers:
    If your serious about your product, I don't understand what would be the big deal in spending a couple of hundred dollars to get your product what it needs. Everyone wants to become rich, now! With internet marketing I find it's a shame that people don't invest the extra time/money needed to make their product of higher quality and more creditable.

Like anything, it's a business venture. And in business, you have to spend money to make money. It's just as simple as that. Stop whining about spending money with testimonials and either wait for people to try your product, or spend some money.

:)

bohimt, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  16. knslms

knslms Peon

Best Answers:
    This type of thing is exactly why big corporations will take over the internet the same way they have the retail world. Using false strategies to gain business not only will kill your business, but also all of ours as customers become more and more afraid to use our products bcause of dishonest people looking for the easy methods. The internet will become more and more expensive as they have to make new laws because of these dis-honest so called "business" aka lazy people who make us look bad. The bad thing is they are just kicking there own self in the but because the majority of business will be repeat business. Why does so many people think that just because your not meeting a person face to face that its ok to mislead them. It wouldn't bother me because you are just running yourself out of business but at the same time you are making the rest of us who are working 14 hours a day in front of a computer look like a$$holes!

knslms, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  17. viqifrench

viqifrench Peon

Best Answers:
    You needn't fabricate testimonials. It's easy enough to get REAL ones, particularly from friends, family and neighbors. You could even offer people you trust in this forum to read your ebook and write a brief review for you.

I've done this for one of my ebook products and it worked out beautifully. Admittedly, it took 'everyone' longer to get around to reading and sending me their quotes to use, but when they came from the heart, they were much more powerful and believeable.

Viqi

viqifrench, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  18. brianppc

brianppc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found that unless your product is stellar people will not give you testimonials.Since you are posting here i assue that you do not work out enough to be expert at nutrition and exercise. This a dog eat dog world. faking testimonials will not get yopu in trouble unless you are selling medical devices

brianppc, Apr 8, 2008 IP