1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

False positives on DMOZ listing

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by arcadeorama, Nov 18, 2010.

I submitted my sites to DMOZ when I originally set them up. I got no response, so I basically gave up on the idea. Then, recently I've been trying out some different reporting tools, some of which are saying Yes on DMOZ listing. I've done a bunch of searches and my sites are no where on there. Am I missing something? Why the false positive?

arcadeorama, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ask the admin responsible for the tool. Why go to a third party for any information when you can go to the source? ;)

CReed, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  3. arcadeorama

arcadeorama Peon

Best Answers:
    Because I thought I'd be more likely to get some sort of response here. Plus, I was hoping there was some way to find my site I wasn't aware of. I really don't think they're there, but I could be wrong...

arcadeorama, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  4. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt they're there also - more likely tool error. But, I believe that the search DB is a bit behind the directory DB @ DMOZ, so it's possible you're listed but not showing up in the search results yet. Have you checked the category?

CReed, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  5. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go to the search box on DMOZ and add your site name etc without the www and if it is listed it should find it.

Anonymously, Nov 19, 2010 IP