1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake Page Rank Detection Tool

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by jakomo, Jun 12, 2007.

1. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's in google...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yourwebpages.org

It's new. But should still have came up as a PR0

lpstong, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  2. Freek

Freek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The tool is working correctly now :)
    All domains I tested were just invalid... it was just a huge number of domains, which made me think that the tool was broken, but it isn't :D

Freek, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  3. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello lpstong

Really i did not find out the domain index in Google..

jakomo, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  4. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1.) I just gave you the link showing that my domain is showing in Google. Here it is again,

Click on the link and you will see the results.

2.) Why is it giving a return result of the signature link I have here at Digital point? Besides when I put www.yourwebpages.org in the tool bar, I got a return result of:

FAKE Page Rank forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=35931

Why is it giving a return result of the signature link I have here at Digital point?

Besides if it is new, most likely wont be cached like you said. But it is not banned. Other wise it would not be found in the link I provided.

But bottom line really is my reference to number 2 point. Why does it come out as
    FAKE Page Rank forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=35931

lpstong, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  5. Freek

Freek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should turn up as a own search result and not as a result on a other page.
    For instance, compare 'FSWS.nl' with your site... you will see the difference

Thanks

Freek, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  6. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and thank you for trying to help. I do know that the tool does work for the most part. I tested it on several of my other sites. And they all came up fine with all their proper PR's.

All except yourwebpages.org

the result is my sig link provided here at DP. My point is regardless of where the link is, even in a forum signature link. If the URL is valid with proper content et cetera, than the result should result in PR0 and not being point to my sig link here at DP. As I had shown in the Google search of my domain, it is listed: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yourwebpages.org . So I really do not know why the search pointed to my sig link here at DP. The result of the tool should have been PR0. By no means have I done anything tricky. I just like everyone else, after buying a domain and developing it, place it directories or as text links, or sig links at forums(forms of advertising).

Hmmm... Well I do know that when looking at the Google Search link provided for yourwebpages.org, it comes up in my sig link here at DP. In fact the 1st 2 results. It is also found on some blog posts as well as a domain that is being sold(this being prior to me buying it and developing it).

Either way the domain should come up as a PR0 not fake. IF I were to say I would like to do a link exchange with others and say it is a PR0. Rofl by using this tool it would say my pagerank is fake.........How more fake can a PR0 get....

The results should show a PR0, thats all I am saying. OR quite possibly let those know, who are using the tool, that if they just bought a domain and developed it. That the PR search will come up inaccurate as in this is a great example of it. Purely a site that has a PR0(and the domain owner knowing this, such as I) would be perpexled at the result of it coming up as a Fake PR.

lpstong, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  7. Freek

Freek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You dont quite understand me, here I have some screenshots for you, I hope you see and understand the difference:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If your URL does NOT show up as the first SEARCH result, that means your sites is not really indexed in google so you can't get a real page rank.
    See the second pic to see what i mean

Understood ? :)

Freek, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  8. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I understood. But what you dont understood, is that it should not come back as a Fake Page Rank. This you should have understood. How can a PR0 be a fake Page Rank...Duh!!!!! It should come back as a PR0.

I use my other sites as well they came back as a PR4 such as paidposthelp.com. I do understand that concept.

The concept you do not understand is:

A PR0 site should not come back a fake PR.....regardless of where the first links are at. Whether it be here at dp or elsewhere. A PR0 can not come back fake. It should come back as 1 of 2 things. Invalid or PR0.

I would understand if I had tweaked it so it would be read as a PR5 and the results using this tool saying it was a fake. But in this instance I did not. I do understand the difference between the site coming up first vs. cached. Nonetheless it should not be read as fake but a PR0.

Another website that has a Fake Page Tool. When I type in my URL, yourwebpages.org, the result comes up
    Here is another example of a Fake PR tool:
    http://www.build-reciprocal-links.com/fake-rank-checker/
    Here is another:
    http://www.textlinkadvisor.com/tools/check-fake-page-rank.php
    It should read PR0, Not valid, URL not found, or site can not verify. The results should not come up as Fake. Especially on a PR0.

Understood?

lpstong, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  9. Freek

Freek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understood you, but you are thinking wrong.

I just had a chat with my friend, he is a level 3 tech.
    He said: Your said will return as a invalid pagerank, because the first result what shows up is the URL to the digitalpoint forums.

If the URL isn't indexed by google it has no valid pagerank, even not a pr0 !

Freek, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  10. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right,
    Your site is not a page rank 0, if you have a gray bar, it is not a PR0, you can get 100 PR0 backlinks to your site and you will get PR0, but at this moment you have not PR for this domain.

Maybe I should change the message FAKE to invalid domain... but if you are not indexed by default is a fake in this tool....

jakomo, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  11. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So thus this tool depending on how it its written in the script can come out to a PR0. Or as the others they come out as a invalid etc. This is my whole point. That it should not be read as a fake pr. Cause it's not. Unless within the script, that it is reading as the URL of my page as a redirect, thus assuming it is fake is my only thought.

Also when checking my Google toolbar and www.prcheker.info it reads a PR0 and not gray or otherwise.

So it goes back of how the script is written.

So if a site like mine, which we all now know is a PR0. And the URL is redirected in my sig link here at DP. And it comes out as a PR0 at many Page ranking tools. IT should be written in the script for sites like mine as invalid, or can not verified. But like I said one of the sites came back as a result as a PR0. In their script it will say PR0.

BTW - I have submitted it to search engines as of yesterday. And am doing some work to help it get better index, so this doesnt happen for future purposes.

And I just brought this up. So many know that many of these are similiar but not the same. And many will get varying results, depending on who's tools you use. I guess it just comes down to the script writers methods.

lpstong, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  12. hadeedg

hadeedg Banned

Best Answers:
    Man only if I new this yesterday I bought PR3 and PR4 yesterday and they show up as fake from a DP member what do I do now Im new Here...CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE PM WITH DETAILS...THANKS

hadeedg, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  13. hadeedg

hadeedg Banned

Best Answers:
    I already Dispute with Paypal what else do I need to do..

hadeedg, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  14. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With your Paypal dispute post around legal issue category

jakomo, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  15. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jakomo is right, since you already placed a dispute with paypal, post in the legal topic area here at DP.

And now you have more experience for next time, to know when buying a dropped/expired domain or any domain for that matter. Do some research with domain tools et cetera before buying. Save you the headache and money. These tools really do help out.

lpstong, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  16. andreas21

andreas21 Peon

Best Answers:
    andreas21, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  17. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great tool mate, give me a while and i would blog about it

It really helps with all the fake PR sales happening

kiviniar, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  18. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot :)
    Jakomo

jakomo, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  19. nifrou

nifrou Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice,
    I also created one.
    wich keep a list of already founding : Faked PageRank

You could test it to increase my list and see if you know some of thes URLs

nifrou, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  20. rodster0001@yahoo.com

rodster0001@yahoo.com Guest

Best Answers:
    WOW, love this site, Thanks for the great tools!

rodster0001@yahoo.com, Jun 21, 2007 IP