1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fair Tax

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Jan 8, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    D16 you are being TOTALLY dishonest with your newest post, just admit when you are wrong. Jesus yet you expect people to take you seriously.

You can see here I am specifically talking about additions to the flat tax, those additions being current state and local taxes on sales tax. I threw just a rough number out there.

Of which you respond with there will be no '5-10%' on top of the fiar tax.
    Of which I show what I meant by the 5-10%, I figured everyone would realise it but you obviously didn't.
    Your argument that there would be nothing on top of the 23% is because 'the state sales tax is gone'

I link to an article stating the sales tax on the state level would not be gone.
    You attack and point to a calculator to dispute the article I posted showing state taxes are NOT gone.
    I totally own you showing state taxes are not gone. My post also shows that it is simply an 'addition' to the current sales tax. The sales tax on the state side remains unchanged from the way it looks to me.
    ---with the exception of simply adding/amending the fair tax into it.
    Yet now you claim the 'state sales tax is gone as we know it' which also does not appear to be true, nor does your lack luster attempt of trying to cover your ass.

Simply admit when you're wrong, jesus..........

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you , like GRIM, just showed your own ignorance. The fairtax is not a flat tax...go do some reading, and then come back with a decent argument.

Furthermore, it's not dead in the water...again, go to the website and see how many members of congress actually support it...if it is dead in the water, none would be supporting it.

d16man, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Relying on buzzwords doesn't work. D16 should evaluate:

On the merits.

Ignoring valid points doesn't work either.

Should be responded to with more than, "well, you should go somewhere else to read it because it's uh, great!"

"Dead in the water" for the reasons guerilla, I think rightly, pointed out.

northpointaiki, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh speaking of ignorance, I would imagine it would be the person who keeps claiming others are ignorant on the subject, but who keeps getting proven wrong.
    I suggest you do the same. That way you don't have to get owned and then come back and rewrite the history of your posts.
    Lots of bills are dead in the water but have support. Something like this needs LOTS of support.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  5. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    northpointaiki
    Again will you take me up on the offer to do your country a service or what? Forget me. But do not forget your country!
    Will you do your home work on the following individuals?
    Jonathan Pollard, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, John Lehman, Douglas Feith, Jack Abramoff, Kenneth Adelman, Henry Kissinger, Elliott Abrams, Richard Haass

guru-seo, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're in the wrong thread.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    man, I love being right!!! I bet he responds to this post as well! come on GRIM, you can do it!

d16man, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A VAT tax on goods wouldn't be such a bad idea. Most of the products are made in China just look at the trade defecit.

The problem is that there is already state sales taxes and I don't see the government getting rid of the income tax. In addition to Federal Income taxes many states and even cities have income taxes.

bogart, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have yet to be 'right'

If I would not respond to this garbage post of yours you would be 'having the last word' I guess you just have to have the last word.

I responded above to show how incorrect and unfactual you were, how you blatantly lied yet again.

I am responding to this post to simply point out that yet again when you can't win an argument pull the 'last word card' the same Gtech does when he can't win an argument.

Next failed attempt?

You can now either not post and in your own little false reality believe you are correct as NOW I posted after you.

Or you can post yet again to say 'see he has to have the last word' when in fact all I'm doing is correcting your lies ;)

Stop lying and maybe I'll stop responding, until then though I will fix your crap and show you for the ignorant liar you are ;)

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  10. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say that the benefit would be that everyone pays taxes. Huckabee made the point that even your prostitutes, drug dealers, and illegal aliens would be paying taxes to live here. Therefore, you would probably see a large increase in the budget, without the already law-abiding citizens seeing a tax increase to fix our budget situation.

PHPGator, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is a 'possible' outcome. But you will also have alot of wealthy people not buying much as some of them are CHEAP. My dad for instance pays alot into taxes every year.

I wont call him rich but he's well off to say the least. He however is cheap as fuck and the 'fair tax' I can guarantee a guy like him will pay nothing compared to what he pays now as he doesnt' buy much of anything.

Plus alot of illegal type jobs, some of them already do pay taxes, others may very well also simply buy in a black market setting to bypass the taxes. It is not a full proof plan by any means.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  12. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know the in's and outs of the plan, but I had heard that the tax would be added to your daily buying. So when you went to buy groceries or you went to buy toilet paper, you would be paying a little bit more and that would end up going back to the government. Since those are necessities, everyone would be paying taxes.

To avoid having the government scammed you would have to have something similar to the IRS still where you insured that businesses were paying the right amount. The same problem could apply now and we haven't seen too much of a problem with it, although the problem does exist now as it would with a flat tax i'm sure.

Illegal aliens rarely pay taxes based on my understanding. Those with greencards would though.

PHPGator, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is about the only part of it I like ;)

I just see the possibility of it being more abused than the system is now. Plus taxing severely necessities, food and medicine I believe are. That can and will hurt many.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  14. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your previous post about Huck's comments is correct...with EVERYONE paying taxes, the economy would get a boost.

In terms of paying more, you wouldn't...you would still pay the same you pay now..the difference is in your paycheck. You would take it ALL home, with no taxes or SS removed from it. What you earn is what you keep.

d16man, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    d16 you would in fact be paying more. The $100 product will be $125 remember? That is 'paying more'

Especially if you're the type who buys alot, you will be paying much more and paying more in taxes than previously before.

Someone who doesn't buy much will still pay more at the store, but might pay less in taxes.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you don't read, remember? Go read....you also have proven that you MUST have the last word...lol. back on ignore!

d16man, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nope d16 I am discussing that is not the 'last word'

I didn't read? I read what you posted, the copy and paste which shows someone paying $125 for a $100 product, $25 going to the government when you claim the $100 product remains $100 and the merchant takes out of that money to send the tax in.

---BTW keep up the 'last word' argument and keep showing what a joke you are. You keep posting I guess that's for the 'last word'

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  18. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The government would get a boost. The free market would suffer. Sales taxes are a tariff, and those hurt the economy. You'll see people start sneaking across the border into Canada and Mexico to make purchases, then try to smuggle those goods back into the country.

Are business expenditures taxed as well? Like if I buy Windows, to install in a computer I am building to sell, do I pay tax on the Windows purchase? Because I would assume I would have to collect the 25% when I sell the whole computer.

And I'm also wondering about consumable purchases by companies. Like an office. Would they pay 25% on say, toilet paper or water for the water cooler?

And, one more since I'm loaded with questions, what about capital gains tax, is that wiped out by this? Death tax as well?

TIA.

guerilla, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  19. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The entire current tax code is wiped...all million or so pages of it...everything is gone...as I understand it, the Fairtax is for New items only, not used. That way the US govt is getting tax income twice on the same thing.

d16man, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :confused:

I would hope this is not correct.

GRIM, Jan 9, 2008 IP