1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Failed Validation :(

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by lowrider14044, Dec 2, 2004.

Just got one of Shawn's little failed validation notices. :-( Situation is that it's a file for a frames page that is composed of thumbnail photos and is only 100 px wide. The ads appear on all pages that display in the main frame just not the index of photos. I've gone ahead and included the ad links to the bottom of the pages affected but it really looks strange having 5 left parts of a text banner displayed at the bottom of a 100 px wide frame. (I use text banner ads) Any suggestions on how to get around this or anyone else ever have a similar situation with frames pages? Is there any way to run banner ads on most pages but text ads on a few? Thanks for the help and input.

PS:If anyone wants to take a look at the page type in question one of them are at: http://www.russian-liaisons.com/New-Russian-Mail-Order-Brides-Frames.htm

lowrider14044, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could make that page not spiderable by search engines I suppose.

digitalpoint, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  3. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    That would probably do it. That's done in the htaccess file isn't it? Need to do something becaus now it not only looks bad but the ads actually come up 10 times on the frames page. 2 frames x 5 ads each.

Since the automatically suspended my ads and the problem was corrected and re-validated, how long before my ads are showing again? Do they start showing again immediately after re-validation or do I have to wait for repropogation?

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can do it with robots.txt, or you could do it with a meta tag on the page...
     <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow" />
    Code (markup):
    The ads show right away once it's validated.

digitalpoint, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  5. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn...I think I'll go the meta route.