1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Failed Launch: Bad offer or not enough traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Shane098, Apr 17, 2015.

Hey all, I recently launched a product to crickets and want to identify whether people just don't like my offer or if I just didnt have enough traffic (i have a very small list).

Ive searched the web (and this forum) quite a bit for this topic and havent found much so I appreciate any input you might have.

Pertinent Details:

Product Price: $77, $177, $377
    Sales Page: http://thedenizensociety.com/denizen101/
    Traffic: Launched to semi-warm email list of 270
    • In two days i've had 27 clicks to the website
    • 0 sales
    • Open rate of launch email:23% with 8% ctr to sales page
    I know there are a variety of things that could have gone wrong but would love some input on where you think I might go from here.

Thanks

Shane

More info on traffic source:
    • the traffic was from a free giveaway after doing a couple guest blog posts on a site with a similar audience.
    • Problem was, that was about 6 months ago and i sorta let them go cold for 4 or 5 months while I finished the product.
    • That’s why i went with the extended launch sequence (about 10 emails). To rev them back up with added value
    • My first few emails back were getting 44%, 40% and 38%then they just gradually decreased until launch day when I was at 22% with an 8% ctr (which his weird because the email was like two lines “Hey, we’re now live. Go here to check out the course: link)

Shane098, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you try lowering the prices? I believe they are too high. That could be your culprit.

qwikad.com, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  3. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shane....

27 clicks is not a big enough sample size to fairly judge the ability of your sales page to convert.

I like your email approach but you might try building up your relationship with them using more frequent emails combined with stellar content.

Then send them to a webinar registration page.... easier to sell higher priced products off a webinar.

safetynetzero, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  4. immech

immech Member

Best Answers:
    27 clicks on a $77 front end offer is not enough. I don't have any experience selling $77 but based on my experienced on selling $5 - $17 that has a good offer and sales page converts at an average of 10 %- 15%.

If you're dealing with cold , not very warm list maybe you can add lower tripwire offer in front of the $77 or you can divide the payment into 2 time payment.

immech, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  5. Nick PPC.BUZZ

Nick PPC.BUZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    >>Bad offer or not enough traffic?

Not enough traffic, I suppose. Until you have 100+ clicks, there is nothing to estimate or analyze

Nick PPC.BUZZ, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  6. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes not enough traffic and also if you launched it the first the time you better first lower the prices for people to be attracted or better add discounts.
    You also need good writers or designers to promote that product. You also need to provide more information about your product to earn trust because online selling nowadays contains scams and returns are very difficult.

masterbusiness, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  7. Shane098

Shane098 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks for all of the thoughtful reaponses.

Action steps:

From here on out it seems like i should focus on growing my list and creating a more introductory course price around $27?

Here's my plan, what are your thoughts:
    • Create FB ads that drives to a free opt-in squeeze page.
    • Send them through a 20 day value adding funnel with the last 4 emails pitching the introductory product.
    • See if purchases balance out with ad spends and then scale
    This sound about right?

Thanks again

Shane098, Apr 25, 2015 IP