1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Factors to analyze backlink worthy website

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jameswilsonjw455, Sep 1, 2022.

Hi! What are the factors, I need to consider while having backlink from any website? Traffic, DA, PA, Spam score and what more?

jameswilsonjw455, Sep 1, 2022 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, it's relevance over DA. If you think you have to check the spam score, it's probably not a good candidate. Although good content on a spammy site with a link to yours probably won't hurt - it's unlikely to help, so it's a waste of time. Sites with adult niche spam are definitely a No for me.

Some guys go all out and diversify, I just naturally diversify and log every backlink so I make sure not to do too much too soon, or too much of one anchor text, etc.

Relevance > DA
    DA 20+ from a highly relevant site (not just page on site) is highly effective.

I also consider how often the website is updated with content.

DA isn't everything. There are many PBNs full of spammy content with high DA ratings. They're good until they're not, and I'm not a fan of temporary success.

cronik, Sep 27, 2022 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First thing I check is the number of REAL backlinks. I try to figure out whether the site in question acquired the backlinks naturally or paid for them. If the backlinks are paid ones, the site may not have good authority. If the backlink profile is natural, site has authority as people are linking to the site naturally.

sultanofseo, Oct 14, 2022 IP
  4. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Most marketers or SEO experts know that backlinks are a search engine ranking factor. However, few are aware of the factors

1. Page Authority (PA) or Domain Authority (DA)
    2. Relevance
    3. Traffic
    4. Uniqueness
    5. Dofollow or Nofollow
    6. Anchor Text

Daniel165, Nov 3, 2022 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would check their topical relevance to my niche, the overall quality of thier site, look at who they're linking out to externally, how much traffic they receive-has there been any major drops in traffic, who's linking to them, authority of thier site and as far as dofollow or nofollow (I don't care, just me all of them). In this order too.

kjh-08, Nov 13, 2022 IP
  6. WOWCOMPARE

WOWCOMPARE Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'd agree with @kjh-08 & @cronik relevance is becoming a key factor.
    It's wise to get inbound links from related sites, from related news articles, also links from quality directories (some of these might need to be paid for). If you achieve links from good quality external sites then in theory this will reflect more positively on your site.

WOWCOMPARE, Nov 13, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  7. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    A website must inspire trust. It doesn't necessarily have to have very high stats. It is better to have a lot of traffic so that your link has the ability to generate traffic to your site. Such a backlink is the most valuable.

Gamerseo, Nov 13, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  8. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My main criteria when obtaining new links are traffic and relevance.
    It's too easy to manipulate third party metrics such as DA.

praetserge, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  9. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PA/DA is one factor to be considered. The most important factor is relevancy, if it is niche relevant, it is valuable for your website. The links should be from different relevant websites and diversify the combination in term of relevancy & should be hosted on different domains & IPs.

Afrasiab, Jan 12, 2023 IP