1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook's Instant Articles

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by sarahk, Feb 18, 2016.

These have had no impact on me until now and will probably just end up as a repository for badly spun duplicate content.

Will you be publishing through Instant Articles?

sarahk, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its a curious thing. I have about 7 clients who want to test said theory but I am going to be about a week fleshing it out. Happy to update the thread when i do so.

That being said. My first thought was "a solution in search of a problem" I am not sure there is actually something to see here.

http://media.fb.com/2016/02/17/opening-up-instant-articles/

largely just throwing your stuff in the cloud.

N.

Nigel Lew, Feb 18, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I probably won't be using IA, but it will be interesting to see how this will happen.

Both http://media.fb.com/2016/02/17/opening-up-instant-articles/ and instantarticles.fb.com is hosted on Wordpress.com (The NS records are pointing to ns1-3.automattic.com). So I would speculate that Instant Articles would be hosted on Wordpress.com, tightly integrated with Facebook, which remind us that Wordpress's new Calypso is using Facebook React library. After all there are many Wordpress.com users whom are on Facebook as well, and I am sure that they will be the first target market of this new campaign.

th.sigit, Feb 18, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. smellocity

smellocity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read this new article on Facebook Instant Articles. Is it true that it will be the death of Facebook? How will adsense work if content is hosted in Facebook? Any thoughts?

smellocity, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  5. olutony

olutony Member

Best Answers:
    Noting is impossible but WordPress is still more robust with great flexibility if you know what you are doing.

olutony, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  6. smellocity

smellocity Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it is. But it doesnt matter if everyone is serving content via Facebook. It will all be hosted on Facebook

smellocity, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  7. tamastorok89

tamastorok89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it is a great opportunity for publishers and bloggers to improve user experience on mobile (for those who are reading articles on Facebook's mobile app) without transforming their current website.

The data provided by Facebook is quite convincing: https://instantarticles.fb.com/
    And the setup process seems to be really simple: http://blog.momentum.ai/everything-you-need-to-know-about-facebook-instant-articles-and-how-to-set-it-up

tamastorok89, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  8. ShuperMhen

ShuperMhen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hope they can find their way for that to work.

ShuperMhen, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  9. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Im using instant articles and they are giving me some very good results, EdgeRank gives them a very good reach.

David G. Welch, Jul 7, 2016 IP