1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook vs LinkedIn: Who is a champion?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Long Nguyen, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Linked or Facebook, who is the champion?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Linkedin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Facebook

100.0%
    The explosion of social networks is very tremendous. It means that the competition between social networks becomes more drastic. And now we are going to participate in the game between two sites Facebook.com and LinkedIn.com.

1. The appearance

Facebook and LinkedIn appeared together in the early 21st century. The both are developing with the greatest features of social network that is sharing information and different online features of each site.

Facebook appeared and joint the social media community with an attractive “costume” and “easy-going” to everyone. Facebook attracted a large fan (according to Search Engine Journal magazine, about 1.15 billion users as of May 5/2014). And with a large fan will create many advantages for Facebook.

And what about LinkedIn? LinkedIn's “costume” is not attractive as Facebook’s “costume” is, but Linkedin still has a huge number of fans (hundreds of millions of people, according to incomplete statistics of Search Engine Journal magazine). However, comparing with Facebook, there is a big gap between LinkedIn and Facebook.

The question is why there are large differences in the amount of fans like that?

To explain this, let me give two reasons:

Firstly, the user of each site. Some people compared quiet interesting as that: Facebook likes a casual costume you wear when you go out with friends at the weekend and LinkedIn likes a suit. Through this, we can also see that LinkedIn is quiet fastidious for his fans. The main objects are the office staffs who want to find jobs, CEO, other business and even the experts who join to share their experience, their knowledge for the people with common interests or concern. LinkedIn only interests in the object that relates to the work. Contrary to LinkedIn, Facebook isn’t fastidious. All of people can use. Specially, Facebook attracts a large amount of young people, even students.

Secondly, the connection of each site. Facebook is quiet easy to connect. You can connect freely. You only search name, email, phone number or you can find in list’s your friends whom you don’t know to send invitation. The rest is waiting to accept. As soon as, if he doesn’t accept, you can follow all of his information. Facebook has an opening trend. The connections of LinkedIn only accept when you have exacting email’s people who you want; connect with friend in the same group or colleagues. And all of information must be exact. It means that your connection will be appraised more than the mere connection.

2. Facebook vs LinkedIn: The interaction

With the fan who can’t see directly, Facebook just have simple step such as tag name’s fan, chat with funny symbols, comment. Or even, he can send a video, many images which record all memorable moments. If fans need more document, Facebook can send and attract with files.

Meanwhile, LinkedIn is very secretive on this issue. He only sends message to friends and they can follow indirectly. Let’s imagine: The interaction of LinkedIn is the letter’s solider which write by hand and are sent to their relatives. They have to image all of thing that is happening. But, with simple steps of Facebook, the relatives can see all front directly.

You can express your interesting by pressing the button “like” or comment below. Both of them are supporting this feature. And it seems that the advantage belongs to Facebook.

3. Facebook vs LinkedIn: The sharing

In this round, LinkedIn show his profession than Facebook. LinkedIn shares important information to fans. There are experiences, specific domains on group publicly. And every aspect is updated continuously and is read selectively. Therefore, only people who are truly interested are the most loyal fans.

Meanwhile, Facebook doesn’t hesitate to share all kinds of information. For example, clothes that you will wear to go out; a picture of a meal at a luxury dining room. All his friends, groups will be update by mean of status, note, pictures, and video to anyone, anywhere. All of them can be approached through many different forms.

Everyone waits for what will be happened in this match. The strengths of both have been shown. Who is champion? This answer will be for all. Let’s choose your answer.

Long Nguyen, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  2. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They serve different purpose and hence cannot be compared.
    Linkedin will help you get new job/new business.
    Facebook will help you to get new friends.

it career, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  3. cdnbigd

cdnbigd Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn & Facebook are so different.

LinkedIn is very well known as being the most "Professional" social network out there. It's like an online business mixer or networking event. It's where you go (after you toss on a suite and tie) to network and exchange business cards.

Facebook is well...facebook. Yes, it's good for just lounging in your PJ's with your cute kitty on the couch next to you.. you take a few pics of her snoring and hope ppl will "like" them. Okay, that was a bit harsh but you get the idea. Facebook is good for business too but more so for the laid back types of businesses..

Now, if you were asking about Facebook vs Google Plus, that's a different story. Those two can be compared quite well.

Hope that helps! :)

cdnbigd, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  4. Long Nguyen

Long Nguyen Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank for your comments. Perhaps, I should change the question: which social network you like most? :)

Long Nguyen, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  5. cdnbigd

cdnbigd Member

Best Answers:
    Ah.. I like LinkedIn for collaborating with team members in my business and for networking with potential clients and other similiar businesses. Excellent for that.
    I do like Facebook for it's... i dunno.. family feel to it. Much warmer and welcoming feeling on facebook then on LinkedIn.

My favs though are still G+ and Twitter.

cdnbigd, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  6. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is champion for B2C services And
    LinkedIn is champion for B2B services.

Etoot, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  7. coloAZ

coloAZ Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed! LinkedIn and Facebook are target two different type of audience. You really have to analyze who you are trying to reach and what product or business you have only then will you know which is better, or "champion", for your business.

coloAZ, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  8. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your sole purpose online is for Business then LinkedIn is your goal but
    when it comes to socializing Facebook is your shoot but as likely say
    earlier they both serve different purpose.

mbanj, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  9. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's kinda hard to compare between two different social media platforms that are both champion on their field. it all comes down on your business' niche and your target audience.

Vitarank, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  10. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's very hard to compare facebook and linkedin.
    Both are very different. Both are good depend on what you are looking at.
    For example facebook, is more on social media (online targeting, global friends, group of interests). Facebook target more to individual.
    Linkedin on the other hand is target toward business owner.

Melisa455, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  11. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with this

m.sivarajan, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  12. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends, whether you are working with B2B or B2C

Sam42, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  13. and5dp

and5dp Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is for B2C service
    and
    LinkedIn is for B2B service.

and5dp, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  14. Anwar Faisal

Anwar Faisal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Linkedin is basically a professional networking site and Facebook is basically a social/personal networking site. So it is very difficult to compare, but I like Linkedin as the professional sharing site.

Anwar Faisal, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  15. gesteves

gesteves Member

Best Answers:
    They are so different and have different purposes and targets, it's not really right to compare them as they are not meant to compete with each other

gesteves, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  16. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Great post. Facebook is best for B2C marketing and linkedin best for B2B marketing.

Henry Calvin, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  17. MoneyWrite

MoneyWrite Member

Best Answers:
    I think the greatest trick that LinkedIn ever pulled off was to convince us that we need to check two social networks daily. I can't believe that they got me to do that.

However it is now socially acceptable to segregate your work colleagues from your friends. Your friends don't need to put wry comments on your LinkedIn profile about how buttoned down you are and your work colleagues don't need to have their fears confirmed about how wildly different your opinions are from them.

One tip I would leave is to make sure you watch your Facebook and LinkedIn crossover carefully. Just because you get on with someone really well at work, don't make them a Facebook friend.

MoneyWrite, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  18. springning

springning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my experience, LinkedIn can bring more traffic, and inquires

springning, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  19. minhtung9x

minhtung9x Peon

Best Answers:
    From my point of view, Facebook and Twitter have their own characteristic. I've been using Facebook for 5 years and I feel bored, Twitter is the new thing in my life. Just fill out the form in my survey, you will know the free feature of two social networks which support business a lot
    http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=59ef9lqrkzyd6w1399001&refer=

minhtung9x, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  20. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Comparing apples and oranges is not going to get you results... Facebook is very social in its nature whereas LinkedIn is professional focused. LinkedIn is being used for B2B connections, jobs, is more fact and research related, and generally focuses on building business circles. Facebook can be used B2C, is very relationship based, has roots in opinions and feelings, and many are using it to maintain personal relationships.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 15, 2014 IP