1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook search help

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Cocoa Chanel, Apr 9, 2017.

Is there a way of searching for all foreigners living in a city? So for example, if I want to see all foreigners living in Bristol, UK, is there a way to search for people living in Bristol who are originally from another country, for example?

Also, if there a way of changing the order of Facebook search results, to alphabetical for example?

Cocoa Chanel, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  2. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    If you are searching for a mobile device, For example, if you search for the name "David Beckham" click the option filter, and you can simply filter the location, education, and work etc whatever you need. I hope this may help you.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Cocoa Chanel - think about this logically. Where in facebook do you tell it where you grew up?
    Sure, they know where you are now, but the site is too young to track us from our home town to our current town (unless we're, like, 20yo) and even then they'd be guessing. You might have lived in Bristol, gone overseas, signed up for facebook and returned home.

So, if facebook doesn't know, you won't be able to search on it.

and I don't think you can sort

sarahk, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  4. finbol

finbol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm with Sarah on this one - the results would likely be unreliable to the point of being useless. The only criteria that could help is 'hometown', as opposed to 'location'. Perhaps you can filter by hometown and current location simultaneously, but even if that's possible you'd have to choose a specific hometown, i.e. you'd have to choose a specific country and city of origin to target.

finbol, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  5. soundtentalu

soundtentalu Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go to google and search for expat community where you want to look. That would be more effective than finding it on Facebook because, as Sara said, not all people fill out their information correctly.

soundtentalu, Apr 21, 2017 IP