1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Rejecting Ad for Tobacco Policy

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by CrankIt, Jan 19, 2017.

Hello,

We are working with a client that sells hunting & fishing gear, as well as, vape & cigars on their website. On their Facebook Page there is no mention of the vape & cigar products as it violates Facebook's Advertising policy. We have attempted to run Facebook Ads with no success -- even ads to promote the Facebook Page itself.

We continue to be rejected for ads with a response saying we are in violation of the policy of promoting tobacco related products. I have now opened 2 separate appeals for this as the Facebook Page itself has no reference to these types of products. These appeals have been open now with Facebook for a month with no response.

Has anyone ever experience these types of issues?
    Is there a way around it?
    Are we being rejected because the website contains this content even though the Facebook Page doesn't?
    Am I alone? LOL

One of my thoughts were to test eliminating these tobacco/vape related products from the website and then attempting the ads again. Maybe creating a separate website for the tobacco related products so the main website is not affected? Part of me is curious about, if Facebook is rejecting the ads based on website content and then the content is changed --- how long would it take for Facebook to realize there has been a change so that they stop rejecting the ads.

CrankIt, Jan 19, 2017 IP