1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Question(s)

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by MirnesC2, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1.) The Facebook applications that are viewed from our profiles, do those auto-run?

2.) Is it possible to pull a visitors ID, Photo, etc? If so can you please point towards somewhere I can learn to retrieve those variables.

If you haven't guessed it by now I am trying to make myself a profile views tracker. There are applications out there such as "Your Secret Admirer of the day" which somehow pulls and records recent profile views.

3.) If I where to be successful in such a thing, how could I hide it from Facebook. They don't allow such applications. Do they check each application that is published? If so what could I "disguise" it as?

MirnesC2, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  2. wannabeme

wannabeme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know little about facebook app,but they have provided api for developers

wannabeme, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  3. SI-Karthis

SI-Karthis Peon

Best Answers:
    What you want to do is against the Terms of Service. Most of those applications do not actually use records of any kind and do not track profile views at all. Their numbers are randomly generated through other methods. Tracking profile visits is explicitly prohibited in the Facebook Terms of Service.

Now since you know this, I'll be reporting you to the forum administrators here for requesting help with illegal activity on another wesbite. You don't request help on how to make your app undetectable from another website because it violates the website's Terms of Service.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    SI-Karthis, Jul 9, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.