1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook PPC

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by alexei_aus, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jestjasper

jestjasper Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using facebook ppc for a couple weeks now. I think its a good piece of the marketing pie but I would not sink a ton of money into only it.

jestjasper, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  2. womanSun

womanSun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've created some apps in facebook. But I have to promote them. What can I say, they're working...

womanSun, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  3. WebCreate&Promote

WebCreate&Promote Peon

Best Answers:
    But still at the moment it is better to put PPC adds on Google. Or you must be a money spender to put them on Facebook, as if you need something you go to Google and when you have nothing to do and just sit at home you visit facebook... It is a potential market but only for those who can entertain bored facebook users! :)

WebCreate&Promote, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  4. BoYgAB90

BoYgAB90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    im tyring facebook with the free $100 credit, waiting for my ad to be reviewd

BoYgAB90, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  5. progenic2009

progenic2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a great market to put it on facebook. I got what you mean about bored facebook users, but those bored facebook users are the most effective market because they want something exciting and interesting that's why they visit facebook.

progenic2009, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  6. gabrielh

gabrielh Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem I've seen with FB is that the people rarely want to buy anything. I've had better luck with ads on Myspace. Where did you get the free facebook credit? I'd like to give something new a shot.

gabrielh, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Facebook PPC can be very profitable. You can keep track of my progress here.

I've been performing split tests over the past couple of weeks and I've been able to get my CTR over 1%, my CPC down to $0.02 and, as you can see, my profits outweigh my adspend by over 300%. You can see exactly how I do it (with screenshot proof and great reviews) by visiting my signature.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

MyHub, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  8. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    onestop, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  9. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    You're probably right! :D

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  10. WebCreate&Promote

WebCreate&Promote Peon

Best Answers:
    It is what I noticed asking my friends and people on facebook ;)

WebCreate&Promote, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  11. Azkaban

Azkaban Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is better because of the more number of views per user.

The potential tradffic leaves Google and goes to another site, where as, on Facebook, he stays for sometime, and your ad exposure is more..

Azkaban, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  12. WebCreate&Promote

WebCreate&Promote Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook can work for some companies but not for all, as if I need something I won't use facebook to search for that item i will go to google... However, if I am on facebook I would rather look around the page and notice some interesting stuff about how I can spend my weekends or holidays for example... But it defenatally not for Man & Van or Plumbers or Carpenters....I doubt I would find any information about them on facebook :D

WebCreate&Promote, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  13. Samuel F

Samuel F Peon

Best Answers:
    how you decide/pick your first bid on facebook ads? what your rule of thumb?
    thx :)

Samuel F, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  14. alexei_aus

alexei_aus Active Member

Best Answers:
    There have recently been some keyword research tools introduced to Facebook. Anyone finding them useful?

alexei_aus, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  15. Samuel F

Samuel F Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, depending on the offer works awesome, you can laser target!

Samuel F, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  16. PrometheusIV

PrometheusIV Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is one of the most affective advertising mediums. The amazing thing is that you can make your advertisement as targeted as you want to. You choose your demographics by selecting the various demographic filters, and can hone in on a particular market to ensure that your advertisement is not wasted on people outside of your target audience. Also, the average FB user is more engaged and open to input due to the fact that they aren't flooded with ads and garbage users as they are in the other social networks. Not to mention the fact that most Facebook users are stay at home moms or working professionals.

PrometheusIV, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  17. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Relevant input except for this. There are all kinds of people on facebook even lots of young people, unemployed and more and more retired people as the site grows worldwide.

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  18. PrometheusIV

PrometheusIV Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, if you review the statistics for 2010 provided by IStrategyLabs (Do a Google search for "facebook demographics 2010" - I'm new to the forum, so I can't post links yet) , you'll see that I am correct. While Facebook's younger members are growing significantly, especially in the last two years, 89.6% of all Facebook users are 18 and over, with 53.8% of user being between the ages of 25 and 54.

A recent article discussing these numbers mentioned that Facebook's demographics being predominantly young and middle-aged adults was probably due to the fact that when Facebook was founded, all of its users were university students at that point in time (2004). Because those founding users today are between the ages of 24 and 30, your initial growth in members were related to people that they knew in those age-groups.

PrometheusIV, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  19. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. And Facebook's younger members are growing significantly... And where are your "stay at home moms"???

I mean EVERYBODY is on facebook today :rolleyes:

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  20. markgubuan

markgubuan Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting into FB PPC now. And it's definitely better since this thread began. In my experience, I didn't see the best results, but the ability to target specific individuals is absolutely amazing. You can narrow down your marketing rather quickly and increase CTR and ultimately profits.

markgubuan, Apr 10, 2011 IP