1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Personal Profiles

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by zakster, Jan 11, 2012.

ok, I understand that you are allowed to create only ONE personal profile but I also know that many people have more than one for various reasons. My question is, is there a way of creating a second personal profile without violating FB's TOS? ...I want to be able to connect with business contacts without adding them to my personal profile stream.

Thoughts? Suggestions?...

zakster, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    You can set up a business page in addition to your personal page. As for setting up a second personal profile without violating TOS then I am at a loss to help you. Business pages do have have some limitations but if you are looking for a way to get your business contacts segregated from your personal feed than a new business page on Facebook might work well. You might also want to look into the benefits of using Linkedin. That service is a great tool for business social marketing through professional networking.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  3. zakster

zakster Member

Best Answers:
    thx, JPC-Sabrina.

Actually, i'm thinking more of when i join a group related to my business, i have to join as my personal profile identity (vs my business identity). I prefer to use my business page identity so i can keep my personal profile to myself...

zakster, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  4. Amac1948

Amac1948 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have successfully run a facebook page for a business for the last two years, linked to a personal account. Unfortunately, the 'name' of both these accounts was the same - my business name. Facebook recently contacted me to change the page to a proper Business page so I tried to go through the process. I got to the point where I had to enter the business address only to find that the 'city/county/region' was not recognised! Facebook will not allow me to enter it manually and I am in a limbo where Facebook will not allow me to login to my account so I cannot 'report it' as a problem. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem? I have been locked out of the account for ages now and it is impacting on business as I cannot advertise any new products. I would be very grateful for some advice! Thank you!!

Amac1948, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  5. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, as for me, I have a lot of profiles! It is legal and very comfortable for me! Such social media it is a great possibility for your business! To have a lot of activity profiles it is a good way to get a better and a big traffic! Also, FB and Twitter it is the best media resource for marketing in 2016 year! That is why, you can be sure that everything will be for the best! Thanks to FB it is more easy to share with your information and increase your audience!
    Try it RIGHT NOW!))

JudySlean, Mar 14, 2016 IP